Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Beginner

Default Best last minute cruise deal tips...

Any tips on how to get the best last minute cruise deal?...
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Ed,
You can always look through the "deal" section here at Cruisemates. Also, contact a good cruise travel agent, there is one here that does a lot of our group cruises, call or e-mail her...

Where do you want to cruise to?

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 2nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Best last minute cruise deal tips...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed75
Any tips on how to get the best last minute cruise deal?...
In my last 20 cruises at least half of them have been "last minute". That means they were 90 days or less before the cruise.

I check the major travel sites and the cruise lines to see what cruises there are that interest me. I usually cruise outside of the Caribbean but my last two cruises have been to the Caribbean and I booked less than a month before sailing.

The gage that I use is that if I can get a balcony for less than $100/day it is a good deal. If I can get a mini-suite for $140/day or less than it's a good deal. A suite is around $150/day for me to consider booking it.

When I see something of interest I call my T/A and see what price she can get for me. It is almost always less than any of the advertised prices.

You can also have your T/A do the searching for you. Give them the parameters you are looking for and ask them for three or four options and choose from that.

I search by destination and then by ship and cruise line. I am not overly picky about where I end up. I book balcony cabins, mini-suites and suites so there isn't "too" much of a chance of getting a bad cabin. However, I booked an AC suite on the Norwegian Jade and while it was a great cabin with wonderful amenities the forward facing location wasn't the greatest.

Enjoy a last minute cruise. There are some great benefits to getting a last minute booking. Often lower prices and that short countdown clock is always nice.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me