Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Admiral

Default Cruise Bucket List

Kuki had an interesting post on his blog June 2nd regarding cruise bucket lists.

What is on your cruise bucket list?

Mine (right now): Panama Canal crossing, sailing in Tahiti (masts and sails)

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Admiral

I miss the WindJammer days. Last March we took a 7 day trip to the BVI's on a 245 foot 3 mast barquentine the Canadian S/V Caledonia leaving out of St Maarten and ending in Tortola. Next I am looking at doing a sailing trip out of Grenada or maybe a two week from Grenada to St Maarten. 8)
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Admiral

Mine is a TransAtlantic repositioning cruise, (one way, or the other) then a Med Cruise, from Rome, for the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) that will give us a stop in Sicily, and Venice. I'm saving all my nickels and dimes, so we'll be all set when the time comes. 8)

Ken
"SKY"
Old June 24th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Admiral

my dream cruise is to take the full world cruise..

Crystal Serenity 2010 World Cruise 108 days around the world. Pure heaven

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old June 24th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Well, lets see what is on my list

Alaska
Hawaii
French Polynesia
Fiji
Panama Canal
Europe (North and South)
Canada
Southern Caribbean
World cruise--as many days as possible!!!

I wann see it all, now if only someone would give me the money to do it!!!

I could fund raise...anyone wanna donate? 8)

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old July 9th, 2009, 07:51 PM
First Mate

Galapagos with a side trip to Machu Pichu
European river cruise
Tahiti
Australia
Asia
South America
World -- sort of maybe 30-50 days (180) seems LONG
Panama Canal
Canadian/Quebecf fall foliage

The last two on my list will probably end up in the top three because of time constraints in the next couple years. As of today, I actually have banked enough money for most of the the list, I think -- but I might find something else to spend it on
Old July 10th, 2009, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Default BUCKET LIST

Parrot Pop did his main area..Machu Picchu in 1988 before the Irish Pubs and five star hotels hit Cuzco..lol.. I wanted to do the Amazon and a rain forest..did that in April..I think if I had known how exciting it was to be in Orvieto on a Sunday in the fall... that would have been in my bucket.. At this age..and his difficulty walking there are fewer items.. but Iceland, Israel, Denmark, St Petersburg if only he was able to do the walking. Have done two partials and a full transit of the Canal, spent a week in Cartegena, two weeks in Costa Rica, several places in Mexico which were underdeveloped. ..now huge tourist attractions..Would like to see more of South America, have been to Venezuela several times..... Come to think of it... the rest of the world, especially the terra cotta statues in China.... Time if fleeting as we are aging and I'm so glad that there are places where we have gone and still places we want to visit..and G-d willing we have a few more years and places to see..even if they aren't on our "bucket list". SO GO, ENJOY WHILE YOU CAN
Old July 11th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Admiral

We still have many, many cruises on our bucket list. A couple, Greek Islands and Baltic, will be crossed off the list next month.

Still on our list are:

Antarctica
South America Circumnavigation
North America Circumnavigation (full Northwest Passage transit)
Australia/New Zealand
Pitcairn/Easter/Robinson Crusoe Islands
Canada/Greenland
World Cruise

With our current location, vacation time, and finanaces, I don't think anything will be dropped off our list for a while.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old July 11th, 2009, 08:36 AM
Admiral

Default SURPRISE

Had a list of cruises for next fall..and sent them to Parrot Pop...one of the cruises included Israel ....and before I could say "boo".. Parrot Pop said .. I think I'd like to go to Israel (remembering he has limited mobility).. and WE BOOKED THE CELEBRITY EQUINOX HOLYLAND CRUISE..for next October 18th... I don't know who was more surprised my travel agent who I had talked to the day before or me..lol..There must be a moral to the story,but what I am trying to say to you all.. is don't wait. We will be celebrating our 55th wedding anniversary and his 80th birthday on what should be this glorious ship with wonderful ports.
Old July 11th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Admiral

Parrot Mom - CONGRATULATIONS!

We too are taking a cruise to Israel/Egypt in Oct 2010. We are so looking forward to it.

My mother did Israel last year and used a wheelchair at times because of her back; your husband should do just fine.

HAVE FUN!

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Old July 11th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Admiral

For DH: Panama Canal
For both of us: Celtic Cruise
For me: Greek Isles
Old July 11th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Admiral

Default CRUISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Parrot Mom - CONGRATULATIONS!

We too are taking a cruise to Israel/Egypt in Oct 2010. We are so looking forward to it.

My mother did Israel last year and used a wheelchair at times because of her back; your husband should do just fine.

HAVE FUN!
MARC, are we on the same cruise... Equinox 10/18-- parrot pop has a new rollator which he will use.
Old July 12th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: CRUISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom

MARC, are we on the same cruise... Equinox 10/18-- parrot pop has a new rollator which he will use.
No, we are on Seven Seas Voyager 10/03/10. I am glad to see more ships making stops in Israel.

F Scott Fitzgerald

Old July 12th, 2009, 09:21 AM
Admiral

Default Re: CRUISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
Quote:

No, we are on Seven Seas Voyager 10/03/10. I am glad to see more ships making stops in Israel.

Marc .WOW...just found it.. VERY port intensive..we need and want days at sea...
Old July 12th, 2009, 04:54 PM
First Mate

Default Re: BUCKET LIST

Quote:
Parrot Pop did his main area..Machu Picchu in 1988 before the Irish Pubs and five star hotels hit Cuzco..lol.. I wanted to do the Amazon and a rain forest..did that in April..I think if I had known how exciting it was to be in Orvieto on a Sunday in the fall... that would have been in my bucket.. At this age..and his difficulty walking there are fewer items.. but Iceland, Israel, Denmark, St Petersburg if only he was able to do the walking. Have done two partials and a full transit of the Canal, spent a week in Cartegena, two weeks in Costa Rica, several places in Mexico which were underdeveloped. ..now huge tourist attractions..Would like to see more of South America, have been to Venezuela several times..... Come to think of it... the rest of the world, especially the terra cotta statues in China.... Time if fleeting as we are aging and I'm so glad that there are places where we have gone and still places we want to visit..and G-d willing we have a few more years and places to see..even if they aren't on our "bucket list". SO GO, ENJOY WHILE YOU CAN
Congrats on you anniversary -- wonderful to know you are still traveling, and enjoying! We hit our 40th this year, and I hope we are as active at our 55th! God bless you both.
Old July 12th, 2009, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Default Re: BUCKET LIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxon
Quote:
Congrats on you anniversary -- wonderful to know you are still traveling, and enjoying! We hit our 40th this year, and I hope we are as active at our 55th! God bless you both.
WE started cruising on o ur 30th anniversary for "something different".. it is just a matter of priorities..and inbetween did land resorts and land travel...but cruises at this age are our favorite..to see the world while we still can..I think we have well over 25 cruises under our belt..until now..At Machu Picchu met an "older" couple and asked the wife where he husband was..she pointed to the the very top...She said he climbed mountains for a hobby on weekends..and I said the same thing to her.. I want to be like them when we get older...Now JAXON we have had people say that to us.. whose old.. physically maybe, but mentally it has kept us y oung.. So, when you see an older couple on a cruise.. don't turn away.. they might have great adventures to talk about
Old July 13th, 2009, 06:45 PM
First Mate

Absolutely, Parrot Mom! My two best friends are in their 70's (hubbies early 80's), and they can go circles around me in my 60's. They are a constant source of inspiration to me. I am not running a 5K, biking 20 miles, or cross-country skiing for 5 hours -- 2 maybe, not 5! One of them had grand jury duty, 14 miles away; she just rode her bike over and back.
Old July 13th, 2009, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Default WOW

Parrot Pop lives with a bad ankle from playing third base in college, but these people sound really physically active.. good for them..Sound like an incredible couple.. Remember that saying."if you have your health you have everything", well it's true.. lol