Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to kellly13
Default cruise for college kids? (20-24)

there's four of us all between twenty and twenty-four looking to cruise in february. any suggestions on where to and which line would be the most fun for us? we like to party and drink and want to go on a line that is geared more towards that type of crowd. we would also be mostly interested in a freestyle cruise. which places have good weather in february? do we need someone over twenty-five even though we are all over eighteen? low prices help, too since we are all broke college kids. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Admiral

Hi Kelly,
I would suggest Carnival. We took our 2 college age nephews on the Inspiration last year and they loved it. Carnival doesn't have true formal nights anymore and their non-dining room options, like the Lido buffet are great. I thought my one nephew was going to eat his way through the 4 hour free pizza just for fun.
But, if you are under 21 yrs old, there must be someone 25 or older booked in the cabin with you. You can swap cabins after you board, but for whatever reason, those are the rules. They will not allow a group of young people under 21 to board the ship. About the only way to do it is to talk some "older" folks along. Being over 18 is not relevant.
On a happier note, almost anywhere you cruise to will have good weather in February. The Bahamas can be a tad chilly that time of year, but nothing compared to up north.
Good luck.
Marty
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:37 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Questions - since you are broke, where are you located? East or West coast? How long a cruise do you want?

Answer: on Carnival you WILL need at least one person over 25 in each cabin or else in the same immediate family if you have a separate cabin with minors only - as far as I know (I don't travel with young ones that often).
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to cfwright6

Carnival, NCL (Norwegian Cruise line) or RCCL(Royal Caribean Cruise Line). Carnival and NCL will be your lower cost cruise. I believe...With Carnival everyone has to be over 21 or you will have to have someone 25+ in the cabin. RCCL & NCL you have to have at least one person over 21 in the stateroom. In February most ports will be very nice, water will be a little chilly. Hope the info helps!