Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Familiar Face

Default Help Please! I'm really don't know what to do to help her.

My sister booked and paid in full for 6 people $1065 3nites 4 days with this http://caribbeancl.com/ I never heard of. I guess nobody in here using this cruise line before. I try to get as much info about this cruise line but in their website there is not much to see. Even a few basis info such as tel, address, ship info, where it's going and when it's going back. She told me it's all open. She can go anytime just call in and look the date. I need to ask her again what phone number she tries to pay or books her trip. I told her to cancel but she said it's no refundable trip. She even doesn't know what include and what isn't include in the package. I feel terrible for her. Please let me know what other choice, chance she can get out of this cruise line.
Thank you so much in advance for your time to respond.
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:31 AM
Admiral

Your sister has a problem. The ship exists it's called the Bahama Celebration the cruise line is Celebration cruise lines. However, this website doesn't belong to that company. The website belongs to a company called Caribbean Cruise Line. If you click terms and conditions it tells you to mail information to 531 SE 5th Court, Pompano Beach, FL 33060. I did a reverse address and google map search this comes back to a home address. Florida doesn't have a corporation by this name. Was this sent to your sister as a "free" cruise? I did a fictitious name search and I couldn't find a company registrated in Florida with this name. Right now the BBB in Florida has no complaints on this company. Here is the profile. http://centralflorida.bbb.org/codbre...y&id=174327583 However, this could just mean they are operating under a new name.

my problem is the company uses information from a real company and is making it look like their own company. I think your sister should call Celebration Cruise Lines directly and make certain she has a reservation if she doesn't. Then she should call Caribbean Cruise Line request a full refund. If this doesn't happen the she should file a complaint with BBB. From here there is more progessive action she can take. What I hope will happens is that I'm wrong and she does discover she has a reservation with this cruise line and everything is fine.

Here is the real website for the Cruise Ship Bahamas Celebration. I hope this helps, please let us know what happens. http://www.bahamascelebration.com/Ce...formation.html

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old August 8th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Familiar Face

These kind of websites pop a lot in the travel industry. I work for an airline's fraud department. What happens with us is people will book on these websites and pay for their flights online. The "company" then pockets that money and uses a stolen credit card to book the flights. When the passengers arrive at the airport they don't have a flight anymore because either we or the bank have stopped the payment.

Even if she does have a reservation with Celebration make sure the payment information is her's as well.

Good Luck!

-RCL: Majesty of the Seas: Oct. 17, 2008
-CCL: Dream: April 10, 2010 - Honeymoon
-CCL: imagination: Oct 10, 2011

Old August 10th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Familiar Face

Thank you so much for your time to check the back ground of this cruise line and feed back with a valueable information.
Old August 10th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to vi reynolds

I keep my fingers cross for your sister that all is well, however this is just plain scary! Thanks guys for opening my eyes though. My husband would probably have picked up on something like that but I wouldn't have, not on my own, for instance.
Old August 10th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonLite
Thank you so much for your time to check the back ground of this cruise line and feed back with a valueable information.
See that is the tricky thing Celebration Cruise line who this website has taken a video from exists, but Caribbean Cruise Line doesn't appear to be a cruise line. The website says Caribbean Cruise Line, but takes a picture of the Bahamas Celebration, which is actually a Celebration Cruise line ship. If your sister had booked through Celebration Cruise Line she would have been fine, I'm worried she was tricked. Please let us know if Caribbean Cruise Line is a real company, they could possiblity be a travel agent. But I'm very suspicious of this "company" they have not filed for a fictitious business name this is not normal.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old August 11th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Familiar Face

I can tell you, for a fact, that Bahamas Cruise Lines, sails out of Fort Lauderdale and was just completely refurbished. She has been in drydock for quite a while. She was in Nassau when my daughter and I were in Nassau on RCCL (7/31/09)

She is used for a telemarketing incentive for time shares. Her cruise length is only, I believe, 3 days and 2 nights.

If you need or want any further information, just reply to this e-mail and I will try to help you further - No guarantees though...

Diane
Old August 11th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Familiar Face

I looked up the history of the web address at this web site http://whois.domaintools.com/. The web site was created in Jan 2009, so it hasn't been around long.

-RCL: Majesty of the Seas: Oct. 17, 2008
-CCL: Dream: April 10, 2010 - Honeymoon
-CCL: imagination: Oct 10, 2011

Old August 12th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Familiar Face

I went to google and my daughter is correct. It is a time share promotion.
Here is what was said...

People People. Don't jump the gun just yet.

It sounds like what you received is a promotion sponsored by Ramada.

In exchange for you visiting their resort, they will give you a free hotel stay and a free cruise.

Of course you will have to do a timeshare tour. This does not mean its a scam! Scams are when someone purposely takes your money without any intent on providing a service/product.

Regarding the hotel. I am not sure what resort they want you to tour. They typically have you stay at the same resort you will be touring. Which means the resort has to be half decent, from a business stand point right? They are not going to have you stay in a hole in the wall, and then ask you to spend thousands to get coming back.

Also included in the promotion is a cruise. The cruise is probably on the Bahamas Celebration. Previously the ship that was used for this promotion was Regal Empress. The ship was old and its GONE!

The Bahamas Celebration is a cruise ship run by Celebration Cruise Line.

Now, nothing is free. You do have to pay small fees like taxes and tips for the cruise and hotel stay. However, its a great deal if you go with an open mind and don't expect the Ritz Hotel and Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. I would suggest looking into it!

Continue to do your own research like you have been doing; and make your own decision.
Source(s):
Photos of the new ship along with a review can be found here: http://www.travelbydeals.com/blog/news/b…
Celebration Cruise Lines Website Here:
http://www.bahamascelebration.com/
Reviews of the promotion. Keep in mind the reviews are about Ramada, but travelers mention the cruise as well because its part of the deal:http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/28…
Information about the transition here:
http://www.travelbydeals.com/blog/news/b…

Diane
Old August 12th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Familiar Face

Again, thank Diane, katlady, nutmeg1282 so much for your time to check them out and feed back. I don't want all of them book airline tickets and when they go to the port, there are no such things as they paid for.
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Dianeteacher407 I'm not sure Caribbean Cruise Line is the same type of company as Imperial Majesty Cruise and Bahamas Cruise Lines. This may or may not be a timeshare promotion. I couldn't get your links to work. It looks like the whole address is not there. I know Celebration Cruise lines is a real company and the Bahamas Celebration is a real ship. However, the OP didn't book directly with Celebration Cruise line she booked with Caribbean Cruise Line. Caribbean Cruise line may be a real company, but I can't be certain.

My suggestion to Moonlite is to have her sister call Celebration Cruise Lines directly and make certain her sister has cabins booked on the ship. Here is the information on Celebration Cruise Line
Reservations: M - F 9am-8pm, Sat & Sun 10am-4pm
Please call toll free at: 800-246-8080

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

So - what has happened with this?

I know people often jump the gun with these travel deals - especially if they get a phone call and someone says they have won a free cruise or they have a very limited special offer.

It's too bad. Quality brand name cruises are so affordable ritght now why take an old ship with no reputation?