Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default One Day Cruise -Is it worth the Hassle?

Ok, this may sound like a really dumb question... I have been offered a one night cruise on Sept 19th from Seattle to Vancouver.

I would have to find my own way to Seattle since I will already be in Vancouver for a luxury cruise conference but everything else would be taken care of. It seems like a lot of work for dinner and a night on the ship (3 hour bus ride)

Has anyone taken one of these mega short cruises? Did you enjoy it or was it not worth the hassle with customs etc.

Any feedback appreciated!
Old August 24th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Captain

IMHO-absolutely not! The hassle of getting to Seattle,embarkation,muster drill,debarkation just for a dinner,a show (maybe) and one night on board?
We once did a 4 nighter to the Bahamas to celebrate a birthday but never again. If we can't get 10 nights or better then we just don't bother.
Horizon 2000
Summit 2001
Sovereign of the Seas 2003
Noordam 2003
Zenith 2004
Mercury 2005
Princess Sun 2006
Princess Sea 2007
Constellation 2008
Mercury 2009
Constellation 2010

Celebrity Silhouette
Old August 24th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

ha ha ... thx! i thought so... but I was kind of hoping that someone was going to say Go For It!
Old August 24th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

CCB, I would say go for it, had it even been a 2 dayer, and you were in the city of embarcation. Thinking of that as an adventure and 2 lazy days would be fun, but, with your parameters, it seems like a bit too much, for too little...

I once got a free 3 day cruise from Boston to St Johns, from a barter....I live outisde of Boston, so that was good, but on day 2, I was already crying that I would be on land once again, way too soon....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 25th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Admiral

Default ONE DAY CRUISE

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! By the time you find your way around the ship.. you have to get ready to disembark.. We have found now that 14 day cruise are perfect for unwinding... The only cruise would be from Boston to Bermuda.. because you spend several days..and now even that is not long enough.. And if you have to go through TSA...forget it..the hassle of getting to the airport ahead of time going through the lines.. Unless you want to take a bus..and your on the bus for quite a while.. thank you very much, but I'll pass on a one way trip
Old August 30th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Admiral

Even though I LOVE cruising, I probably wouldn't bother with a 1 dayer. As noted above, the embarkation, muster drill, finding you way around, and only one dinner, and maybe a show. Then the hassle of disembarking would make it a no brainer to just say NO. For me even a 5 day cruise takes a lot of thought, and I live within driving distance of 5 different ports, so don't have the worries of airfare, hotel before and after, etc. Nope, I'd pass on a 1 day cruise for sure.

"SKY"
Old September 2nd, 2009, 02:20 PM
Admiral

As a side note, a few years ago, Carnival ran a special on a two day cruise to Nassau from Miami on the Pride and a group of women from work decided to go, however, no one informed us that there would not be any Porters available at the Port to help us with our luggage so it was quite a surprise when we arrived to find out we had to carry on and off all our luggage...not an easy task for some of the women in our group.
Old September 2nd, 2009, 07:19 PM
Admiral

I say go for it! Life's short why not go.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014