Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default FLL Airport Shuttle to Port

Anyone know if there the Ft.Lauderdale airport has a shuttle to the port. I am going to return my rental car there and try to shuttle ove. I called a couple of the car rental places at FLL and they said the airport has a shuttle that runs to the port. But it's the first I have heard of it.
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2009, 01:18 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

the car rental places at the airport have shuttles to the airport (they are way off site). I would not be surprised if they also shuttle to the port as well. But you know a taxi to the port is only about $10 from the airport anyway.
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Paul. That's kind of what I thought. But I am curious if a shuttle does exist or if the car place was feeding me a line. You should be getting some sleep. Big day tomorrow (today). I'm jealous............but I'm trying to be patient. Just have to kill 12 days. Have fun.
Old November 20th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Admiral

When we cruised from Ft. Everglades in 2006, I returned my rental car to Dollar Car rental at the airport and there was indeed a shuttle that took us from the airport to the port. We used it. At one time I had a very detailed explanation of where to go to catch said shuttle, but since then I have forgotten. You might see if you can get the phone number for the Dollar car rental at FLL and ask if it is still the same there. As Paul said it is very close either way.

Read and post cruise reviews