Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default 2010 cruise bargains - where are they

Rare Wave Season Cruise bargains (12-29)
We just heard from Carnival that “the booking window” – meaning the amount of lead time between the date a cruise is booked and the day it sails - is returning to normal – about five months. This means the era of “last minute cruise bargains” is coming to an end, but it isn’t entirely over yet.

The first work week in January begins the strongest booking window for cruises of the year, known as “wave season.” Carnival is predicting a strong wave season this year, due to a recovering economy, a very cold winter so far and pent up demand for cruises, but here is a little secret for you - most Wave Season bookings are for the spring months, but one of the slowest couple of weeks of the year for cruises are those right after the new year starts.

I am looking at a chart of “last minute cruises” right now and here are some of the best deals I see. All of these prices are per person, double occupancy, for inside cabins and do not include gratuities or taxes. Port fees are included in the price.

January 10, 2010 – Royal Caribbean’s Liberty of the Seas is selling for $399. Liberty was previously, before Oasis, one of the line’s hottest selling ships. Any time you can get a 7-day cruise on Liberty for $399 you have a real steal. This Western Caribbean cruise goes to Costa Maya, Belize City and Cozumel.

January 16 – Celebrity Summit has a 7-day cruise selling for $399 (yes, $399 will be the magic number today). This is one of the Millennium-class ships from Celebrity, not the newest but still a beautiful ship. This cruise sails out of San Juan and has a very active itinerary; St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. Kitts, St. Johns, and St Lucia.

January 23 – a 7-day Caribbean cruise on MSC Poesia is actually selling for just $349 per person. Of course, you will be on a ship where everything is in five languages, but you won’t find a better deal on a 7-day Caribbean cruise sailing out of Ft Lauderdale. Ports include San Juan, St. Martin and Nassau.

January 23 – Norwegian Pearl sails on a 7-day cruise out of Miami for just $399 per person. This is one of my favorite NCL ships with its modern décor and stylish nightclubs. Pearl is the newest NCL ship and it currently represents “Free-style” cruising at its best. Sail out of Miami to Samana Bay, St. Thomas, Tortola and NCL’s Private Island.

January 30th – MSC Poesia sails out of Ft Lauderdale again, but the price goes up to $379 per person.

January 31 – Norwegian Spirit sails out of New Orleans on a 7-day Caribbean cruise for just $379 per person. Ports of call include Costa Maya, Santo Tomas de Castilla in Guatemala, Belize City and Cozumel.

January 31 – Norwegian Jewel sails out of Miami for $399 pp. This is a 7-day cruise to some of better Western Caribbean ports: Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya and the NCL Private Island.

In fact with the end January we see the end of the cruise deals under $400 per person with the exception of some NCL and MSC cruises.
Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2009, 04:06 PM
Captain

Paul,

You forgot to mention the deals that Princess is offering on cruises out of Fort Laurdale for $399 plus taxes. I am not sure but you may have to be a past passenger of Princess to get those great deals and they are closer to home out of Fort Laurdale.
The prices that you mentioned appear to not include taxes.

I am sure that many other lines are probably offering similar great prices.

Debra

Winston Churchill

email: debra2106@yahoo.com
Old December 24th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Administrator
Admiral

ND...

I was on a nationally recognized cruise agency web site - and I did not see those Princess deals, or else I would have included them.
Old December 29th, 2009, 11:37 PM
First Mate

Hi, does anyone know of a travel site that allows you to search for cruises for a certain "price\person\day" ? I like to look for last minute deals, but always have to divide by the days to rank equally the different length trips.

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow
Old December 30th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I can't think of on off the top of my head, but having a calculator handy makes it very easy to figure out. I do it all the time.