Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Beginner

Default Weather in Mexican Riviera?

Hello...my family is planning to cruise the Mexican Riviera the end of March/early April. I have poked around for weather information and some of the figures seem kinda low. I live in Washington, and I want to get out of Dodge, if you know what I mean. I want WARM! Not a little warm, a lot warm. I get cold easily, so 70's seems not warm enough to me. I also worry that the water will be too cold for my kids to want to swim in. Is this the right or wrong destination for us? Should I quit worrying and go have a good time, or should I change my travel plans before booking. I am ready to put money down any day.

Please email me directly if you are willing: gjsmith@brandman.edu

Thanks,

Gretchen
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Administrator
Admiral

The temperature averages for that time of year are the upper 70's to the mid-80's Fahrenheit. If you want hot you should look at the Caribbean.

Temperatures, for that time of year, in Cozumel are in the mid to upper 80's with lows in the 70's.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Passenger

The water temp is going to be chilly, but the Pacific usually is. If you crave the warm water, go Caribbean. Our kids are so little that they'll be happy to roll around in the surf no matter how cold it is. We are doing Mex. Riv. March 14-21.
Old January 7th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

For kids, the Pacific is plenty warm when you get far enough south - PV or Mazatlan. I just got back from the Mexican Riv. and the outdoor temp. was searing HOT in all three ports including Cabo, and without the same humidity. I mean about 90 degrees in early November.

The Caribbean does average 10-12 degrees warmer for water temperature, and the outside is also hot, but there is much more humidity as well.

For me (living in Phoenix adults dont even go into the pool until the water reaches 88-degrees) I won't swim in the Pacific unless I am as far down as Acapulco. Even Hawaii water feels cold. Even the Caribbean is starting feel cold to me in the Winter.

In any case - for outside temps I think the Mex Riviera is plenty hot. For swimming, I would opt for the Caribbean.
Old January 7th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Beginner

Default Acapulco weather

In average, Acapulco has 355 sunny days and 10 days of rain, most of the time the temperature is 30- 33 c. The ocean water is always warm. Even when raining the temperature is warm.
don't forget your sun glasses, sandals and enjoy your visit to the port.
There are many places to visit even when raining and many indoor activities.
See you!
http://www.acapulcosunandsand.es.tl
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Admiral

that is a tough one, you said that you want it really warm, almost hot i gather, with that being said i would steer you toward a Western Caribbean route, lots of beautiful warm sunny beaches with lots to do.
Old January 8th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Yes, but Acapulco is actually much farther south than the ports the average Mexico cruise hits. Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo.

I still say however, that the outside weather was HOT when I was just the in early November - and I am from Phoenix. It was searing hot as in "where's the closest shade?"

however, the water is colder - that is a fact.