Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old January 10th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Junior Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26
Default Infant seat needed?

Hi, i will be travelling to LAX from the England for a weeks cruise in April with my family. There will be 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant aged 12 months.

Will i be permitted to travel in a taxi/shuttle bus without an infant seat or will they be able to provide one? I ask because i dont want to bring over a seat for such a short duration if its not needed.
__________________
Mariner of the Sea
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old January 10th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Mike M's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: You're Looking At Me
Posts: 23,837
Default

You should bring an infant seat with you. They will not be provided in cabs or most shuttle busses.

Take care,
Mike
__________________
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old January 12th, 2010, 01:04 PM
Junior Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26
Default

Many thanks, i will definitely bring one along.
__________________
Mariner of the Sea
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old February 8th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 110
Default

I have a 7 month old and me and my wife have been thinking of going on another cruise and we had the same questions about car seat's, crib's on board, strollers etc. I'm wondering do the cruise line's have crib's and strollers for use on board or do you bring your own? And do the airline's require a car seat to be used for in flight and do they allow stroller's to be stowed somewhere and would a crib/ pack in play be considered a baggage at all? I know i read that royal Caribbean i believe on oasis has children program's etc I know i could use a cruise and my in laws have offered to watch our daughter but its hard to leave them behind and personally i would rather be slowed down a little and take her along then go a week with out her, but then again i think i would just be better off to wait a yr or two to go on a cruise till they are a little older.. So since this thread was kinda on this topic i thought i would ask some question's.. Thanks again...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma mcfall View Post
Hi, i will be travelling to LAX from the England for a weeks cruise in April with my family. There will be 2 adults, 2 children and 1 infant aged 12 months.

Will i be permitted to travel in a taxi/shuttle bus without an infant seat or will they be able to provide one? I ask because i dont want to bring over a seat for such a short duration if its not needed.
__________________
Home State: Michigan
Completed Cruises

Feb 2001 Majesty of the seas
March 2002 Majesty of the seas
Nov 2002 Majesty of the seas
March 2005 Explorer of the seas
March 2006 Adventure of the seas
March 2008 Freedom of the seas (Married onboard the Freedom of the Sea's)

March 2012 Freedom of the sea's
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old February 8th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 110
Default

also i know that most cruise line's make you pay full price for a child and/or infant and since they do not eat on board most of time formula etc i do have a hard time thinking of paying full price.... But with that said that sometimes is the price you pay to go on vacation and have children....
__________________
Home State: Michigan
Completed Cruises

Feb 2001 Majesty of the seas
March 2002 Majesty of the seas
Nov 2002 Majesty of the seas
March 2005 Explorer of the seas
March 2006 Adventure of the seas
March 2008 Freedom of the seas (Married onboard the Freedom of the Sea's)

March 2012 Freedom of the sea's
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old February 8th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Mike M's Avatar
Administrator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: You're Looking At Me
Posts: 23,837
Default

Royal Caribbean will provide "Pack and Plays" (like a playpen) for a child or infant. Actual "cribs" are not provided.

You should bring your own stroller. They are not provided by the cruise line. An umbrella type stroller is much easier to handle and store.

We have used this type of "Jeep" stroller when traveling (but not cruising) with the grandkids. It works great for airplanes and storing in hotel rooms.



Take care,
Mike
__________________
Cruisemates Community Leader/Moderator

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old February 8th, 2010, 10:30 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 110
Default

Thanks Mike I have looked all over rccl site and could not find that info on the P&P... I have this style stroller and car seat

Chicco USA - 30lb Cortina Travel System - Romantic
__________________
Home State: Michigan
Completed Cruises

Feb 2001 Majesty of the seas
March 2002 Majesty of the seas
Nov 2002 Majesty of the seas
March 2005 Explorer of the seas
March 2006 Adventure of the seas
March 2008 Freedom of the seas (Married onboard the Freedom of the Sea's)

March 2012 Freedom of the sea's
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Fern's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cruiserccl View Post
I have a 7 month old and me and my wife have been thinking of going on another cruise and we had the same questions about car seat's, crib's on board, strollers etc. I'm wondering do the cruise line's have crib's and strollers for use on board or do you bring your own? And do the airline's require a car seat to be used for in flight and do they allow stroller's to be stowed somewhere and would a crib/ pack in play be considered a baggage at all? I know i read that royal Caribbean i believe on oasis has children program's etc I know i could use a cruise and my in laws have offered to watch our daughter but its hard to leave them behind and personally i would rather be slowed down a little and take her along then go a week with out her, but then again i think i would just be better off to wait a yr or two to go on a cruise till they are a little older.. So since this thread was kinda on this topic i thought i would ask some question's.. Thanks again...............
Justin, this is absolutely JMHO, but I'd let the grandparent's take the baby and you and your wife take a cruise to reconnect! It must have been a very hectic 7 months so far! I know you'll both miss your sweetie , but she won't enjoy or remember the cruise and your whole cruise "life" will have to be planned around naptime, feeding, bedtime, fussy time, etc..

If she stays with the grandparent's she'll get to know them better and probably be happier than having a lot of new things thrown at her.

When she's two or older she'll be able to enjoy the children's programs on most ships, so I'd plan another cruise in about two years and take your sweetie with you!

Again, JMHO,
__________________
Fern

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old February 10th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 110
Default

what the heck is JMHO just curious. I do understand and that's what i will probably do but i know it's just hard as you all more then likely been there and understand that..

Also does anyone know why i can not "create thread" on cruise mates it appears i can only reply to current thread's etc but if i want to create one i cannot. I have emailed cruise mates customer service multiple times and gotten no response at all. I originally contact them 6-8 weeks ago and been ongoing trying to contact them ever sense then. Below is what i receive just wondering if you guys could help me out. Thanks

error msg
The following errors occurred with your submission:
  1. You do not have permission to create tags. You may only use existing tags.
__________________
Home State: Michigan
Completed Cruises

Feb 2001 Majesty of the seas
March 2002 Majesty of the seas
Nov 2002 Majesty of the seas
March 2005 Explorer of the seas
March 2006 Adventure of the seas
March 2008 Freedom of the seas (Married onboard the Freedom of the Sea's)

March 2012 Freedom of the sea's
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old February 10th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Fern's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cruiserccl View Post
what the heck is JMHO just curious. I do understand and that's what i will probably do but i know it's just hard as you all more then likely been there and understand that..

Also does anyone know why i can not "create thread" on cruise mates it appears i can only reply to current thread's etc but if i want to create one i cannot. I have emailed cruise mates customer service multiple times and gotten no response at all. I originally contact them 6-8 weeks ago and been ongoing trying to contact them ever sense then. Below is what i receive just wondering if you guys could help me out. Thanks

error msg

The following errors occurred with your submission:
  1. You do not have permission to create tags. You may only use existing tags.
JMHO stands for "Just My Humble Opinion". Sorry, I don't know what's going on with the "create thread" problem .
__________________
Fern

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old February 12th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 110
Default

well is there anyone who has actually used the cruise line's equipment p & P etc and have any problems at all? j/w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
JMHO stands for "Just My Humble Opinion". Sorry, I don't know what's going on with the "create thread" problem .
__________________
Home State: Michigan
Completed Cruises

Feb 2001 Majesty of the seas
March 2002 Majesty of the seas
Nov 2002 Majesty of the seas
March 2005 Explorer of the seas
March 2006 Adventure of the seas
March 2008 Freedom of the seas (Married onboard the Freedom of the Sea's)

March 2012 Freedom of the sea's
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old February 12th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Fern's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2cruiserccl View Post
well is there anyone who has actually used the cruise line's equipment p & P etc and have any problems at all? j/w

Justin, I've never seen anyone post that they've had any problems with the ship's P&P. If your sweetie is coming with you I think it will be fine :-)!

You might want to check on the Family Cruise board if you haven't already : Family Cruising - CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

I hope you all have a wonderful cruise!
__________________
Fern

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old February 16th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 110
Default

Thanks!! I was just wondering if anyone had any problems at all, I guess with out knowing i was just curious. I think i might wait till this coming up spring or early winter and go.. It will give me something to look forward to.. It would be nice to live closer to a port thou and not have to try to fly with strollers, car seats etc.. So i dunno maybe leaving her with the in laws would work better but its till hard and you all know i assume... So whats everyone up to this week?
__________________
Home State: Michigan
Completed Cruises

Feb 2001 Majesty of the seas
March 2002 Majesty of the seas
Nov 2002 Majesty of the seas
March 2005 Explorer of the seas
March 2006 Adventure of the seas
March 2008 Freedom of the seas (Married onboard the Freedom of the Sea's)

March 2012 Freedom of the sea's
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
cruise, explorer, flight, forums, full, infant, jeep, majesty, oasis, onboard, pay, price, seas, seasinfant, stroller

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Save me a seat! Will Travel Gripes! 39 July 30th, 2013 02:54 AM
car seat Les G. Disney 2 May 23rd, 2010 02:40 PM
Window Seat conway scott Carnival Cruise Lines 5 March 6th, 2008 09:39 PM
Have a Seat Please:) Trip Chit - Chat for Cruisers 7 July 26th, 2006 08:40 AM
Seat Saving voyagerfl Travel Gripes! 2 January 22nd, 2001 10:32 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 PM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1