Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Admiral

Default Port of Miami parking at port vs other

has anyone ever used this parking service; they claim to be within minutes of the port and have shuttles that run every 5-10 minutes

http://www.unitedairportparking.com/getfacility.asp
Valor Feb 2009: Dina & Marty - again
Grandeur Feb 2008: DTW, Dina & Marty
Inspiration May 26, 2007
Fascination: Feb 2007
Enchantment of Seas: Sept 2006
Imagination (3x)
Radiance of the Seas
Majesty of the Seas
The Big Red Boat
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I always fly in - but if they advertise it I see no reason not to believe them. The port is right downtown and there are plenty of parking facilities close by. You DO need a shuttle however, with luggage it is a long walk.
Old February 18th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I have never used them since I have to fly in but, from what I've read, people have very little bad things to say about them.

You can pay online, their shuttles seem to run on time and they are less expensive than parking at the port.

I'd use them if I was going to drive to the port.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Geetings Mates

I Live in West Palm Beach,Fla ( 8 cruises and doing it again in August 28 2010)and from my home to the Port of Miami ( 62.3 miles) is 1 hour and 23 minutes ( if I'm antz take off the 23 minutes....) and the charges for a seven day cruise for me has been 158.00 ( ) Oh! yeah... Case in point though the port DOES not assume any lib....

To the Cruise
Sir Duke
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:19 PM
Admiral

msblackjack, I have used them, when I used them it was only CBM and while others have complained about that lot we have never had any problems. I have heard of the other just recently and have heard good things about them. For cruising from Miami it is really either use united or the port. To park on your own in Miami is very expensive and there are very few places in downtown that will even allow overnight.

We did use one hotel near the airport one time and because of having to use taxi to and from the port it cost more than united.

Early this month we were at a hotel on Miami Beach and the parking was off site and $35 a night.

Next time we cruise from Miami we will go with united and the new lot.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014