CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Lauderdale hotel list, offering shuttles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/374260-lauderdale-hotel-list-offering-shuttles.html)

Trip June 2nd, 2010 07:34 PM

Lauderdale hotel list, offering shuttles

Here is a listing of hotels in Ft. Lauderdale that offer shuttle services. You can also peruse the site for coupons, etc and updated info for everything Lauderdale..special offers for cruisers too...

http://www.sunny.org/visitors/cruiseandplay/hotels/

Lakers Fan June 2nd, 2010 07:45 PM

This is great ,trip ,thanks for posting it

luv2vacation63 June 3rd, 2010 08:09 AM

Thanks for the list. My 2011 cruise is on the Freedom so this will help me a lot.:-D

Sammy1954 June 6th, 2010 05:08 PM

I have stayed at the ramada cruise port hotel and its nice you get transfers from the airport and to the ship and free breakfast.
The Comfort Inn cruise port is very nice also. when we stayed there
the year before last they gave you free breakfast, transfers from the airport, to the hotel and to the port for your cruise, they also would
let you make arrangments to be picked up and taken back to the airport
after your cruise. if you walk about two blocks or so from the hotel
there is a shopping area and you could ride a shuttle to the beach and
at some of the pick up locations you could get a ride right to the hotel
for your return from the beach. lots of places to eat within walking distance from the hotel also.
But either place I have stayed if that helps.
lets say thats the way it was last time I stayed at either place.

sammy1954

Cruznut2 June 6th, 2010 07:01 PM

Trip, thanks for posting. I hijacked a copy of the link for my forum. :p

Laura

krunch June 28th, 2010 11:04 PM

Just wanted to say that we got the Hyatt on that list for $82.00 on Hotwire for November :)

Krunch

Trip June 28th, 2010 11:14 PM

Krunch, for Pier 66, that's a great deal..a few bucks more then we paid for that hotel back in the early 90's.....last year we got The Renaissance down the street for $59.00 per night..I am going to try that again after checking for biddingfortravel.com to see if that rates is floating around again for late Oct..yay for you!

cinbear July 22nd, 2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1295430)
Here is a listing of hotels in Ft. Lauderdale that offer shuttle services. You can also peruse the site for coupons, etc and updated info for everything Lauderdale..special offers for cruisers too...

http://www.sunny.org/visitors/cruiseandplay/hotels/

Do you have a liting of the hotels in Miami that offer shuttle services?

Trip July 22nd, 2010 02:01 PM

Click on the link in my beginning post..and you will see all the hotels that offer shuttle service in Lauderdale.

BillyH July 31st, 2010 10:33 PM

Thank you for post the link.

Manuel August 1st, 2010 03:13 AM

Thank you for that list Trip.

My next two cruises are out of Ft. lauderdale, so this list will come in very handy.

TM

dolphin1017 August 14th, 2010 08:52 PM

Thanks so much for posting. For anyone staying at the Ocean Sky Resort I would recommend you take a taxi to or from the Port rather than the shuttle. We were just there last week and the taxi was $12.50 cheaper than the shuttle this hotel uses.

rockback September 3rd, 2010 02:52 AM

Thanks for the list. My 2011 cruise is on the Freedom so this will help me a lot.

---------------------

cruisedogs September 4th, 2010 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cinbear (Post 1304835)
Do you have a liting of the hotels in Miami that offer shuttle services?

In April 2007, my DH, another couple and I stayed at the Airport Regency Hotel. They offered complementary shuttle from airport to hotel and from hotel to cruise terminal. We went thru Carnival and purchased transport from the terminal back to the airport.

shalaks September 9th, 2010 03:41 PM

I am going to try that again after checking for biddingfortravel.com to see if that rates is floating around again for late Oct..yay for you!

------------------

ANGSWIN September 11th, 2010 02:14 PM

We stayed at the Cambria Suites. It was fantastic! We love this brand. It has a really upscale feel for great prices. We love the one at our airport in Raleigh for those early morning flights.

An added bonus to the one near FLL, is that there is a great Cuban restaurant right across the street called Las Vegas Cuban Cuisine. The pork chunks with black beans followed by classic cuban coffee - DELICIOUS!

himani September 15th, 2010 01:55 AM

Click on the link in my beginning post..and you will see all the hotels that offer shuttle service in Lauderdale.

--------------------

Sam22 September 23rd, 2010 06:53 PM

are there hotels in Fort. Lauderdale that offer shuttles to Miami or is it to far?

Trip September 23rd, 2010 07:04 PM

Give ths shuttle company a buzz..I have used them, and will again next month...last time I returned my car to the airport,and, they picked us up there... see if they will,pick up at hotels..$15.00 pp fee

Reservations for SAS Shuttle Service

Jecs Duminy October 9th, 2010 09:30 AM

If you find any that offer a paid shuttle it will run $10 or better per person.
vacation home communities that offer free shuttles go 2-3 times a day and also return at set times.

Aerogirl December 14th, 2010 08:14 AM

I tried booking for Nov 26, 2011 at the Embassy suites but they have no availabillity. I'll try again or maybe just call, if not one of these other hotels will have to do.

Trip December 14th, 2010 08:44 AM

Cancellations will surely come so check again..The good thing about the A1A hotel area, is it's so close to the port a cab is not expensive.

Wando December 15th, 2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerogirl (Post 1334612)
I tried booking for Nov 26, 2011 at the Embassy suites but they have no availabillity. I'll try again or maybe just call, if not one of these other hotels will have to do.

I suspect you might be outside their booking period as I can't imagine that the hotel is sold out that far out. Some hotels you can't book rooms more than 300-330 or so days out, so I would definitely try again later.

Aerogirl December 28th, 2010 05:46 PM

I just booked the Embassy suites for November. It's pretty far away still but it is Thanksgiving weekend so I thought I better book it now.

Lakers Fan December 28th, 2010 05:55 PM

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn the night prior to our cruise .The shuttle from the airport to the hotel was free as was the shuttle from the hotel to the cruiseport .

A full breakfast was included in the price of the room .Dealing direct with the hotel I paid $71 +tax and had a wonderful room.

Trip December 28th, 2010 05:57 PM

One thing to keep in mind, for fall cruisers. The last week in October, is the Lauderdale Boat Show. City is teeming, hotels, and, restaurants are full, and hotel prices skyrocket...With this, and, other conventions, hotels that would normally allow a customer to park & cruise, dissallows it during that time...

Aerogirl December 29th, 2010 01:30 PM

I switched us over to the Hyatt. It's almost $100.00 cheaper and it's more then enough room for us. It also has free shuttle from the airport, cruise port and breakfast.

Trip December 29th, 2010 03:19 PM

This is Hyatt Place? Just double check about the free shuttle..If you have booked a package, it's included, but that means the room pricing is higher.

Just booking a regular room, the shuttle to the port is $8.00 pp..
Your price of $100.00 less though ,makes it great anyway regardless.

I found this out, when I was looking for this past October.

Aerogirl December 29th, 2010 04:43 PM

Yes, itís the Hyatt place. I see the free shuttle is only until 12:00 pm oh well. Still the Embassy suites were $250.00 with tax and the Hyatt is $158.00 with tax. Iím not too sure if this is high for this place, it will be Thanksgiving weekend so I was expecting to pay a little more.
One of the gals going is driving down from Tampa so maybe we'll work it out where she picks us up from the airport. I don't mind $8.00 - $10.00 pp for a shuttle to the cruise port. The gal driving is planning on doing a one way rental each way so she wonít have to pay for parking during the cruise. Iím not too sure how it will work out but Iím happy were close to the port.
Have you stayed there before?

Trip December 29th, 2010 05:17 PM

It's interesting that when you go to Hyattplace.com. two Fll lcations come up...Ft lauderdale North and Ft Lauderdale south. I can bet some people think they are staying by the port, when they may be in Dania, but you have to read the address to realize it..some may not know....the south gives free cruise parking.

I have stayed here..as well as when it was Amerisuites...The location cannot be beat,and the Harbor shoppes are right across the little side street for last minute shopping..liquor store, Publix Market,and restaurants. Just a note, unless things have changed, they have very few luggage rolling racks, and that can be an issue, when the hotel empties for the cruisers staying there. You will enjoy your stay.