Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2010, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Lauderdale hotel list, w/shuttles

Lauderdale hotel list, offering shuttles
Here is a listing of hotels in Ft. Lauderdale that offer shuttle services. You can also peruse the site for coupons, etc and updated info for everything Lauderdale..special offers for cruisers too...

http://www.sunny.org/visitors/cruiseandplay/hotels/

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2010, 09:05 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Great information Trip!

I especially like the parking information. To me Fort Lauderdale is one port where a "shuttle" is not needed, especially if you are just going to the port. Most hotels are a $10 - $15 cab ride from the port and while it's nice to save $10 or $15 it sure isn't something I would put in my hotel selection criteria. The Airport Ramada has a free shuttle but I wouldn't let Kramer (my dog) stay there.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 3rd, 2010, 10:20 AM
Admiral

great info Trip
Old June 3rd, 2010, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Default There are other hotels...

Thanks, Trip! Unfortunately, it appears that only hotel's who've paid to be on this list are listed. We've always enjoyed our stay's at LaQuinta, Hollywood. They have Airport to Hotel and Hotel to port free shuttles. They're also within walking distance of a huge mall and lot's of restaurants. They offer a free continental breakfast (waffles, included).

Just an FYI,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 4th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Admiral

This is a case where I think advertising would benefit all hotels, where, in a glance you can see whats what. I have been a travel list collector for a while car rentals, hotels, airlines..anything at a glance

For me, when I pre cruise in Lauderdale, I want to be smack in the middle of all the action, and that means..A1A. We once stayed on Griffin road, by the airport in a Hilton, we got on Priceline...hotel was wonderful, but off the beaten track for us.. Not that it's that far, but I can be closer, to all I need,and want..Bahia Cabana, on the list..we booked one year, walked in and walked out and went elsewhere,,unless it's changed it was an ugh.

Another thing to ask, if anyone plans to park and cruise...if there is a convention in the area..the hotels can pull the cruise/parking offer

I find, I can get wonderful rates on A1A, and be close to shopping, restaurants, and the port..

Old June 4th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
This is a case where I think advertising would benefit all hotels, where, in a glance you can see whats what. I have been a travel list collector for a while car rentals, hotels, airlines..anything at a glance

For me, when I pre cruise in Lauderdale, I want to be smack in the middle of all the action, and that means..A1A. We once stayed on Griffin road, by the airport in a Hilton, we got on Priceline...hotel was wonderful, but off the beaten track for us.. Not that it's that far, but I can be closer, to all I need,and want..Bahia Cabana, on the list..we booked one year, walked in and walked out and went elsewhere,,unless it's changed it was an ugh.

Another thing to ask, if anyone plans to park and cruise...if there is a convention in the area..the hotels can pull the cruise/parking offer

I find, I can get wonderful rates on A1A, and be close to shopping, restaurants, and the port..
Ah, ha , it depends on what "we" & "you" want in a hotel! We prefer a quiet area. We don't like to be in the "middle of things"! We just want a place to eat and sleep. Often, we just order pizza delivery. Each to their own... . I absolutely do agree that ALL of the hotel's should participate in the advertising for a specific area.

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old June 4th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Admiral

Choices.....a good thing

Old June 7th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Admiral

Trip, when we pre-cruise hotel we like to be in the "thick of things, thats why we like 17th street, we love Embassy Suites, but they have gotten really pricy. Have to have dinner at Biminy Boatyard.
Old June 7th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Admiral

Lisa, I have gotten wonderful results with Priceline for the Renaissance..$59.00 per night, so for us it's a bit of luxury at a so reasonale price..I have dined at Bimini over the years, but, the last time we left $80.00,poorer, and wondered why....food was soo soo, and pricey...they used to have grilled garlic shrimp to die for, but the took it off the menu. We found a place, called Catfish Deweys, thet sends the brain to heaven, serving the best shrimp ever....here is the menu, take a peek....if Bimini ever puts my fave back on the menu...I would go back, I loved the ambiance.

Catfish Deweys restaurant, home of all you can eat.

Old June 7th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Beginner

This is great info. We can't all fit into a single cab so a $15 cab ride turns into $30 for us.

Someone mentioned Priceline. Only problem is that you don't know if the hotel you'll get will have a shuttle if you use Name Your Own Price. If I'm going the 'bidding' route, I use Hotwire for this reason.
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Admiral

ooh Trip i loved the grilled garlic shrimp that Biminy had on their menu, you are right it was to die for, what a dissapointment, will definately look into the restaurant you mentioned. Have heard wonderful things about the Renaissance Hotel will definately keep that one in mind