Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2010, 03:03 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Las Vegas Hotels go "European" (topless)

Adult and topless pools make a splash in Vegas - USATODAY.com

From USA Today - Kitty Bean Yancy

Las Vegas - the adult fantasyland where almost anything goes, is taking pool parties to a new level or new depths, depending on your point of view.

It's not about swimming. Adult pools and pool parties are making a splash with reserved cabanas renting for hundreds or thousands daily, pricey bottle service and scantily clad servers awaiting beyond the velvet (or hemp) ropes at the entrance.

A few years back, a handful of watery hangouts wooed the over-21 crowd. Now there are more than a dozen, with more to come. About half allow what's euphemistically promoted as "European" sunbathing. Translation: topless.

---------------------------------------------

What do you think? Is there room for an "adults only" cruise line out there?

Do you see this as desperation by Las Vegas to try anything and the decline of modern civilization?

Or is this what modern America really wants, and the cruise industry would be stupid to ignore that reality?
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

What do you think? Is there room for an "adults only" cruise line out there? I don't think so....Maybe on a smaller ship, but I think this should be left to groups chartering a ship..

Do you see this as desperation by Las Vegas to try anything and the decline of modern civilization? Not that long ago,Vegas was considered to be too adult, and tried to go family friendly..well, that proved to be a boo boo..so now , maybe they are trying to go back to the rat pack days

Or is this what modern America really wants, and the cruise industry would be stupid to ignore that reality? Puleeze...let the cruise, lines ignore this trend! Remember flamers, this is jmho)

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 15th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Familiar Face

Default Vegas style entertainment?

I go to vegas a few times a year and I love it. I love the adult fun. I like some of the shows in vegas that have topless dancers. Since most major lines have an adults only comedy show why not have an adults only Vegas style topless show. I'm not asking for a strip club just a topless version of the kind of shows they have now.

As far as topless sunbathing no thanks--most of us show way to much already!
Old June 16th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Actually - there are cruise ships that are "European-style" when it comes to sunbathing - they are in Europe; lines like MSC, Costa and Pullmantur.
Old December 1st, 2011, 08:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

According to all these replies, I guess, staying in Vegas is really enjoyable!
Old December 1st, 2011, 09:23 PM
Admiral

Las Vegas is a very exciting fun city.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old December 2nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseSC View Post
I go to vegas a few times a year and I love it. I love the adult fun. I like some of the shows in vegas that have topless dancers. Since most major lines have an adults only comedy show why not have an adults only Vegas style topless show. I'm not asking for a strip club just a topless version of the kind of shows they have now.

As far as topless sunbathing no thanks--most of us show way to much already!
Are the types of shows they have now on the cruise lines not good enough that they should offer topless?
Old December 3rd, 2011, 08:32 AM
Admiral

It doesn't bother me one way or the other, in Vegas, or aboard a ship. I just avoid it, if it bothers me. (which it doesn't) I'd guess that if a ship, or cruise line wants to try it, they should. If it's successful, GREAT. If not, then it'll go back to "family friendly". (Remember the all "No Smoking" ship? )

"SKY"
Old December 3rd, 2011, 09:13 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I have never had a problem with European or topless sunbathing. It isn't something immoral or obscene.

I personally believe that when it is seen as immoral or obscene is when the problems start and people gawk, point, laugh and have a hissy fit.

My philosophy has been: If you've seen one you've seen two.

I have been to European, South American, Polynesian and American beaches where topless is the norm. Initially it was interesting but after a few minutes it lost its "newness".

If a cruise line wants a "European Style" area for sunbathing that's fine with me and if they want it to go ship wide that is also fine.

Would a ship wide "European" style of sunbathing go over on a mass market ship? Probably not. Carnival removed their topless decks a couple of years ago.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old December 3rd, 2011, 02:52 PM
Admiral

I have friends who enjoy going topless at beaches in Brazil .

As far as an ADULT CRUISE ,I could be wrong but I thought I read once that there are cruises sponsored by nudist colonies .
Old December 4th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
I have friends who enjoy going topless at beaches in Brazil .

As far as an ADULT CRUISE ,I could be wrong but I thought I read once that there are cruises sponsored by nudist colonies .
Yep, there are "nude cruises" that sail out of Tampa a couple of times a year, and they seem to be VERY popular, but I doubt that it would be all that popular if it was that way all year long. We were tied up at a pier, just across from one of the ships that was doing a "nude cruise" and trust me,,,,it wasn't a pretty sight! (All I noticed were a bunch of 70 to 80 year old guys flopping around naked!) Nope,,,I don't think there was even one 25 year old model, naked, out on the Lido Deck?

"SKY"