Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Familiar Face

Default Which transalantic will be my 1st

Im looking to book my first Alantic crossing next year(2011). There are 3 I'm looking to choose from. 2 RCCL and 1 Carnival. One RCCL and the Carnival are 16day, with the other RCCL, a 13 day. I'm leaning toward the RCCL Voyager, just because of the destination city. I would love to travel the Magic, which is why I haven't booked yet. The 16 day cruises are close in price, although the RCCL Mariner is a bit cheaper over the Magic. Is there an advantage to flights between the different cities in Spain or Italy from where these 2 16 day cruises will depart.
I have been looking for a TA in the New Orleans area, but haven't found one. The last self proclaimed cruise TA I used was from the Beaumont area where I was living before I transfered to NO. I was not impressed with the experiance and booked my next cruise(Oct 30 Trimph) with the Carnival site. I'm not comfortable not using a TA and would like to know a cruise TA with my interest considered first.
Snoozmans blogs on Alantic crossing were very interesting and informing. Thanks for the info.
ecarrell1
first cruise: Festival 90something
last cruise: Valor May 2010
next cruise:Trimph Oct 2010
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

If you belong to AAA or American Express, they both have travel agents who specialize in cruises. Some of the online travel agencies are ok. I used Delta Skymiles Cruse travel agency. They are a large travel agency based in New England. Hope this helps.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old August 9th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Familiar Face

I don't belong to either. Would like to know a person that someone has used in the past, in the NO area would be great but is not a requirement. I had a great TA in Texas where I moved from, but she is no longer in the business. Thanks for the suggestion, but if I cannot find someone in the next couple of weeks I will go through the RCCL or CCL site and hope for the best.
thanks AF1