Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Beginner

Default Best ship for a single 32 y/o female

Hi All,

I am planning a cruise for myself and I am hoping someone can recommend a ship for me. I have been on 3 cruises in the past but they were family trips and I was either a child or in my 20s. I am looking for something a bit different now.

I would like to find a ship that I can meet other solo travelers in their 30s and that offers enrichment activities like classes, lectures, wine tasting, etc. I don't want it to be too stuffy. I like to have a good time just as much as the next girl but I am not the type to party hard and get super drunk.

I am currently booked on the Norwegian Epic in January but I am worried that boat is a little to much of a party boat for me. I have looked at Holland America and I love the classes they offer but I'm worried the age range wouldn't work for me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Holly

Last edited by familyofrobot; September 7th, 2010 at 07:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old September 7th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Beginner

Hi Holly,

Not entirely sure which line would be the best for you- Norwegien Epic and HAL are both great. But here's a bit of advice to help you make your decision..When looking for a line, look out for ships that still operate table-sharing in the dining room as this can be a great way to meet people. Some have single passenger get-togethers and all have activities onboard where you can meet others with similar interests.
I think it’s also important to research the accommodation options. Only a handful of ships have single cabins, and these tend to sell quickly so on many ships you might have to occupy a double cabin and pay a supplement.
Discover Cruises | Useful information for UK cruises, all inclusive, booking, cruise lines and caribbean cruises has useful advice on all this sort of stuff.

Hope that's useful and good luck in the search/cruise,

Ruth