Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2010, 01:00 PM
Beginner

Default Spring Break 2011?

I am a senior in college and my friends and I want to go on a cruise for Spring Break in 2011. We want to find a cruise that has a lot of young people on it. I have tried to google such a thing but no one advertises anything like that. We are just concerned (no offense) that our ship could be full of only old people and families and we will be stuck with no one to party with! Is anyone else in college and planning a Spring Break cruise or does anyone know what cruises are usually young people? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Admiral

Spring - I would recommend a shorter cruise. The cheaper it is the more likely you are to find college students. Be aware of the age requirements for booking too - generally everyone must be over 21 or accompanied by someone even older, but that may vary by cruise line.

Don't worry. old people and families don't want to be stuck with a bunch of college students

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:53 AM
Admiral

used to be quite a few years ago that a cruise was "THE THING" to do for spring break, party hearty, but in the past years there has been a huge backlash from families and from the cruise industry itself against the spring breakers, there were a few years when unfortunately the college kids did a lot of damage on board the ships. Most mainstream cruise lines now cater to families, and spring break is a big family cruise time. I think that your best bet would be to just get a group of your friends and cruise together, and make your own fun. I would recommend you look into Royal Caribbean, i would definately use a travel agent