CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Your favorite Caribbean Beach (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/378620-your-favorite-caribbean-beach.html)

Kuki December 9th, 2010 11:14 AM

Your favorite Caribbean Beach

What is your favorite beach in the Caribbean,and why?

For me, though it's technically not in the Caribbean, but is on Caribbean itineraries, it has to be Half Moon Cay. (HAL's private island).

Too beautiful and have great memories from each time we've visited.

My favorite... it was the last day of the cruise, and some fair skinned friends had been very careful all week,lathering on the sun screen. On Half Moon Cay, they went out and layed on floating mats for too long, and came back flaming red, and they could hardly move that evening it hurt so bad.

I laughed watching them just try to walk. Yup, I'm a sadist rofl

blueliner December 9th, 2010 01:01 PM

Trunk Bay, St. John U.S.V.I.

No particular reason except it is the most beautiful beach I have ever been to.

johnthed0g December 9th, 2010 01:17 PM

Gibbes/ Reids on Barbados, Jolly Beach & Valley Church Antigua, Baths Virgin Gorda. Will visit St.John this cruise.

MercedMike December 9th, 2010 02:11 PM

Beach

I am NOT a beach goer! I don't think I have been to a beach for years!

EXCEPT -- Half Moon Cay. I seriously considered staying on the ship that day, but then I discovered the cabanas! Now if I HAVE to be forced to go to the beach, a private cabana with plentiful chairs, a ceiling fan, and a shower is the way to tempt me!

Check out our review and pics at HAL Half Moon Cay Cabana

That is pretty much the only beach you will find me on!

Lakers Fan December 9th, 2010 02:13 PM

My favorite had been a beach in St.Maarten ,however ,I will be on the beach at Half Moon Cay next week ,so perhaps that will be my favorite .

fourxbusymom December 9th, 2010 02:43 PM

We were supposed to go to HMC on our last cruise in August, but because of a hurricane our ports were changed/eliminated. We are going on another cruise my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary, and we should definitely hit it this time...no hurricanes in February, I hope!!!:rolleyes:

jacdenv24 December 9th, 2010 02:57 PM

Another vote for Trunk Bay! But a close second would be Pinel Island St.Maarten.

Donna December 9th, 2010 06:12 PM

I have heard how nice Half Moon Cay is, have never had the opportunity to go there, but have totally loved Labadee and Coco Cay. Both beach days when cruising on Royal Carribean. Almost any nice beach makes me happy, just somthing about the clear water with waves, meals served on the beach, doesn't get much better than that.

johnthed0g December 9th, 2010 06:17 PM

We were going to HMC but ended up in Grand Turk....not a good change I fear

Trip December 9th, 2010 06:20 PM

I am not a real beach goer, but I really loved Half Moon Cay.....crazily, in my mind, the beach has to be visually beautiful, to be enjoyed to the max, and HMC is indeed, just that...I did enjoy Grande Anse Beach Grenada, Coco Cay, and Labadee, but for a postcard shot, this pone wins hands down...

Just to toss inthe mix..Orient Beach, had to be the ugliest beach,and I am not talking about all the naked people.

Mike M December 9th, 2010 07:50 PM

I would have to agree with Blueliner and say that Trunk Bay on St. John's is the most "beautiful" beach I've seen in the Caribbean.

The snorkeling wasn't very good because of over use but the beach itself is like something out of "The Blue Lagoon" or "Robinson Crusoe".

Take care,
Mike

johnthed0g December 9th, 2010 07:50 PM

Oh yeah...Pidgeon point Tobago.

Donna December 9th, 2010 08:20 PM

Good one Mike,
Totally forgot about Trunk Bay, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world...

johnthed0g December 9th, 2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna (Post 1333682)
Good one Mike,
Totally forgot about Trunk Bay, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world...

So when we get to St.John just get a cab?? Leaving tomorrow!!

Mike M December 9th, 2010 09:19 PM

John:

Yes: Just grab a cab and say "Trunk Bay" and they will know where to go. There also truck cabs with benches in the back. They are less expensive and sort of fun.

Take care,
Mike