CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Men With Earrings (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/378651-men-earrings.html)

Bruce Chafkin1 December 10th, 2010 04:23 PM

Men With Earrings

We just finished a Gay Charter on my ship.
These are the most fun, profitable, and drama free cruises of the year.

The organizers of the Gay Cruise told me that whenever I see a man with earrings, there are three possibilities:

1. He is gay
or
2. He is a pirate
or
3. He is a gay pirate

What do you think?
Any male earring wearers out there willing to "fess up"???

Snoozeman December 10th, 2010 05:39 PM

It was certainly more popular in the 1970-80's. I think gay now.

What I find hard to believe is the 'drama free' statement.;) My gay friends are pretty dramatic, but then again they are in the theater. So who knows. BTW-One wears an earring.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise, sounds great!

BlueCanary December 10th, 2010 07:51 PM

Unless the earrings are those disc ones, or accompanied by multiple other piercings, yeah, I think the gay/pirate/gay pirate thing is probably pretty accurate.

ETA: Or very sad midlife crisis. Maybe even a gay pirate midlife crisis.

Phil&Liz December 10th, 2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman (Post 1333923)
It was certainly more popular in the 1970-80's.

I wore one for about 2 days in 1988. Had to take it out when I was about to be inspected by the skipper of the base. Never put it back in.

T C December 10th, 2010 11:08 PM

sorry people ... guys who wear earrings are not always gay. I know a bunch of guys who wear earrings who are not gay, and of course all of my gay friends wear earrings, I don't have a problem with it either way. ;-) As long as my earrings are prettier :p:p

Snoozeman December 11th, 2010 12:58 AM

Yeah baby, but everyone in NOLA wears earrings.:cool:

skymaster December 11th, 2010 08:57 AM

Obviously, there are lots of Pirates in NOLA too! ;)
I know several gay women, who DON'T wear earrings! (Guess they're not pirates either?) :p

"SKY"

Lakers Fan December 11th, 2010 10:51 AM

I've known a lot of guys over the years who have worn earrings .It has nothing to do with their sexual persuasion .

green_rd December 11th, 2010 04:27 PM

You see a lot of athletes doing the earring thing, and it was pretty rock-n-roll for a while. Lots of hard-core types will were earrings along with a lot of other body modifications.

Actually I think the original statement may be a bit hetero phobic :wink:

Phil&Liz December 11th, 2010 04:48 PM

Harrison Ford has worn an earing for a long time.

skymaster December 13th, 2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil&Liz (Post 1334131)
Harrison Ford has worn an earing for a long time.

I didn't know Harrison Ford was a Pirate! :confused:

"SKY"

Aerogirl December 15th, 2010 10:29 PM

Is this for real?:confused: I would bet more straight men have earrings in one or both ears then gay guys do. Where have you all been for the last 15 years? Piercing are all the rage.

jacdenv24 December 16th, 2010 02:46 PM

We live in a small town and personally know this one chap who does a lot of volunteer work along with being the towns only Santa-he must do at least 15 Santa gigs every year. He was telling me last week that a lady he didn't know approached him in the local grocery store and asked "Aren't you Santa who was at the Legions Kids Xmas Party?" He replied that yes, that was he but how did she know. Her answer? "There aren't too many Santas who wear a diamond stud ear ring." And just for the record, there is a Mrs. Clause.

misguidedangel December 19th, 2010 02:20 PM

I certanly thnk the men I know/see who wear an earring are pirates...too pretty looking to be a pirate with the metrosexual dress and pampering..

I know of this saying...left is right, and right is wrong..meaning any guy can wear a left earring and be OK, but a right earring means "I'm gay, so c'mon, say hello!" The sticky part is when guys started piercing both ears and wearing larger earrings...what are they saying.....Bisexual or just a fashion statement.....

silverheartz January 12th, 2011 12:17 AM

What is this worth?

Hey, Would anyone know if this is a good deal on a silver heart bracelet. Would it make a good gift? I have found some information on the care of silver. Does anyone have any suggestions that they found the most effective? Oh and by the way, greetings to you all at Cruisemates Cruise Ship Guide; Cruise Ship Reviews, Message Boards and Bargains.!

katlady January 14th, 2011 10:30 AM

In Calfornia we all do what ever the heck we want. It's the land of Id, Freud would love it here. My hubby wore an earring for a while. He is a pirate at heart. ;)

For men it use to be an earring in right earring means you were gay. An earring in the left ear means straight. Earrings in both ears means Bi. This was in the 80s I don't think that is the case anymore. I know a rainbow flag outside a business (like a bar) means it's a homosexual friendly business. They do still let heterosexual people in.:D

Kerr_Met October 5th, 2011 12:57 PM

Really.........this was a thread?? It's an earring folks, does not matter what ear, how many etc. Earrings don't make people gay that's for sure. Crazy!

colorcrazie October 5th, 2011 02:14 PM

I stopped making any assumptions about jewelry statements when a Scandinavian gal working on a ship informed me that I confused her because I had ankle bracelets on both ankles. (Hubby likes the look, so I wear it...) She said that in her country one on the right ankle meant "hooker" and one on the left meant "lesbian". She was nice about it and did not come right out and ask me "how much?", but I felt humbled by my own preconceived notions.
Marty:oops: