Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2011, 02:02 AM
Familiar Face

Smile Some cruise timelapse videos I made. Enjoy!

I love making timelapse videos, and this is my collection of cruise-related timelapses I made while working on ships. They were shot all over the world, on many different ships, and I hope you enjoy them.

Ice Carving:YouTube - Ice Carving Timelapse YouTube - Ice Carving Timelapse

Sunset@Sea: YouTube - Sunset @ Sea YouTube - Sunset @ Sea

Rio Sail-in: YouTube - Rio De Janeiro Sail-In Timelapse YouTube - Rio De Janeiro Sail-In Timelapse

Rio Sailaway: YouTube - Rio De Janeiro Sail-Away Timelapse YouTube - Rio De Janeiro Sail-Away Timelapse

Lifeboats!: YouTube - Lifeboat Timelapse YouTube - Lifeboat Timelapse

Santos Sailaway: YouTube - Santos Sail-Away Timelapse (2 of 2) YouTube - Santos Sail-Away Timelapse (2 of 2)

Strait of Messina: YouTube - Strait Of Messina Timelapse YouTube - Strait Of Messina Timelapse

Venice Sailaway: YouTube - Venice Sail-Away Timelapse YouTube - Venice Sail-Away Timelapse

Athens Sail-in: YouTube - Athens Sail-In Timelapse YouTube - Athens Sail-In Timelapse

Dubrovnik Sail-In: YouTube - Dubrovnik Sail-In Timelapse YouTube - Dubrovnik Sail-In Timelapse

Inside Passage: YouTube - Inside Passage Timelapse YouTube - Inside Passage Timelapse

Hubbard Glacier 1: YouTube - Hubbard Glacier Timelapse (1 of 2) YouTube - Hubbard Glacier Timelapse (1 of 2)

Hubbard Glacier 2: YouTube - Hubbard Glacier Timelapse (2 of 2) YouTube - Hubbard Glacier Timelapse (2 of 2)

Chilean Fjords: YouTube - Chilean Fjords (Amalia Glacier) Timelapse YouTube - Chilean Fjords (Amalia Glacier) Timelapse

Panama Canal: YouTube - Panama Canal Timelapse - HD YouTube - Panama Canal Timelapse - HD

3 Day Cruise: YouTube - Miami Cruise Timelapses YouTube - Miami Cruise Timelapses

Best of (highlights): YouTube - Horizon Chasing - Cruises In Fast-Forward YouTube - Horizon Chasing - Cruises In Fast-Forward

Be sure to watch them in HD!
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2011, 03:38 PM
Familiar Face

Thumbs up

Wow, great videos! Just subscribed to your channel so I can watch them as time allows!

What kind of setup were you using?

Keep up the great work!
Old January 22nd, 2011, 03:58 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Adams View Post
Wow, great videos! Just subscribed to your channel so I can watch them as time allows!

What kind of setup were you using?

Keep up the great work!
Thanks!

For most of them, I was using a long-format hard drive Sony Handicam (DSR-SR12), and then I'd speed everything up in Final Cut Pro. I'd like to get a DSLR camera and a robotic mount, so I can do motion control and long exposure stuff. I plan to keep it up, and everytime someone watches a video or subscribes, it helps me keep doing it...so thanks!
Old January 22nd, 2011, 05:35 PM
Familiar Face

Thumbs up

Cool deal! I have been playing around with a Time Lapse app on my iPhone to play with the settings and that has been fun! TL is something I want to do when we go through the Panama Canal!

I have been looking at doing it with a time lapse HD camcorder but hopefully I will have a 2nd DSLR by then and that may be the route I go.

I am the same way, all you need is someone to comment on your work to keep going!
Old January 25th, 2011, 04:01 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack Adams View Post
Cool deal! I have been playing around with a Time Lapse app on my iPhone to play with the settings and that has been fun! TL is something I want to do when we go through the Panama Canal!

I have been looking at doing it with a time lapse HD camcorder but hopefully I will have a 2nd DSLR by then and that may be the route I go.

I am the same way, all you need is someone to comment on your work to keep going!
The Panama Canal video I made changed my life. It's by far the most popular thing I've ever made, and it kind of opened up all of this to me...showed me the potential, and got me started. I can't wait to do it again someday soon.
Old January 25th, 2011, 04:29 AM
First Mate

How did you find the time to take these? Automated during day time
Thanks, very interesting
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/
Old January 25th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by robh View Post
How did you find the time to take these? Automated during day time
Thanks, very interesting
I was the senior videographer on those ships, and most of the time I was able to put the camera in places guests or crew couldn't access.
Old January 25th, 2011, 05:38 PM
First Mate

That would have kept you busy especially the last few days and nights in producing the passengers photos and DVD's
Have you found a drop in print orders but a swing over to custom shots and DVDs from passengers mempry cards
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/