CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   It's Your Choice (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/379963-its-your-choice.html)

Kuki January 28th, 2011 08:36 PM

It's Your Choice

If I called and told you that you had a free cruise, and your choices were Carnival, Celebrity, HAL, Princess, or Royal Caribbean, which would you choose?

(don't send me your phone numbers rofl)

Marc January 28th, 2011 08:53 PM

Celebrity!

Phil&Liz January 28th, 2011 08:54 PM

Tough choice....I need to know the ports. Some lines do certain ports better.

If I had to pick w/o the ports I would have to pick Celebrity.

Lakers Fan January 28th, 2011 08:58 PM

HAL is my choice

Trip January 28th, 2011 09:10 PM

Celebrity / Solstice class

Kuki January 28th, 2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1347459)
Celebrity / Solstice class

I didn't give you that choice. I hung up! :p

CruzNut January 28th, 2011 11:19 PM

Princess!!!

blueliner January 28th, 2011 11:22 PM

Princess, I would love another Princess cruise!

MercedMike January 29th, 2011 12:23 PM

Choice

For any of those lines, it would depend on the itinerary. Any of them would be a great choice on the right itin.

Secondly it would depend on the ship. I don't like megaships. But again on the right ship any of those lines would be a great choice.

Somehow, if we really tighten it down and say "On the same size ship, and the same itinerary which would you choose?" I would have to reply that is the Aristotlean logical fallacy "hypothesis contrary to fact" and only an illogical fool would answer.

SO ... my answer is that if that is the case, HAL would have the very tiniest edge and Carnival would sink to the end of the line.

anniegb January 29th, 2011 12:38 PM

~None of them. :)

nlb1050 January 29th, 2011 01:42 PM

Princess. We really loved our cruises with Princess and really want to do another. Of the cruises we have been on Princess had the best entertainment.

rollerdonna January 29th, 2011 03:25 PM

Well, this did actually happen to me, a travel agency called and told me I'd won a cruise in a contest, and I had to choose. Of course they tried to suggest their most expensive ones so I'd have to pay the difference, but we did our research and chose Princess, just so we could cruise with entertainer Bert Stratton again.
However, at this point in time, if Kuki called offering a free cruise, I would probably pick Holland America or Celebrity, based on positive experiences most recently.

donna

johnthed0g January 29th, 2011 03:41 PM

Celebrity...Solstice.

LisaK January 31st, 2011 09:24 AM

Celebrity please

kmm44 February 2nd, 2011 04:28 PM

Celebrity! A friend of mine won a 5-nighter on Carnival. She was not very enthusiastic about the experience and she had not even sailed Celebrity. She said comparing it to cruises on Princess and RCCL, well, it was not even in the ballpark.