Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default 25th Anniversary Cruise

Planning a cruise out of NY or NJ for this coming May to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. The choices appear to be NCL, Celebrity, Princess, and Royal Carribean. Ports are either Bermuda or several E. Carribean ports. We are ok with either. We are just into our 50's so not looking for carzy party scene, but more relaxing, laid back type of cruise. Are thinking the "mini-suite" with balcony as far as cabin. Would appreciate all you experts out there providing insights as to best way to go. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:21 PM
Admiral

HAL Is sailing to Bermuda from NYC(12th. Ave and W.57 St) on May 29 ,returning June 5 . That is my suggestion .

Congratulations
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry43 View Post
HAL Is sailing to Bermuda from NYC(12th. Ave and W.57 St) on May 29 ,returning June 5 . That is my suggestion .

Congratulations
Thanks. We'll check out HAL as well. Should have also said that we have fairly limited departure dates in May (any date from the 2nd through around the 15th).
Old February 23rd, 2011, 09:40 PM
Admiral

HAL cruises every week in May from Manhattan .
Old February 23rd, 2011, 10:37 PM
Admiral

I would suggest Celebrity. Great service and they do pamper their guests.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old February 24th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Mike,

My wife and I are very similar to your guys. We are in our 50's and we would like a more relaxed cruise etc. I posted on the First Time Cruise thread and here is the link, hope this helps you:

Cruise Line Suggestions For a Couple Like Us
Old February 24th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Admiral

Mike, congrats on your upcoming anniversary. I agree with Henry, a cruise to Bermuda is wonderful, Bermuda is one of my all time favorite places to visit. My DH and i are in our early 50's and we love Princess, for us its a nice mix of casual/elegance, staff has always been great, enough to do on board, yet enough quiet places to relax and do nothing, good mix of all ages, have met some wonderful people of all ages and backgrounds. Mini-Suites are great. HAL is a great choice also, a bit more laid-back than Princess.
Old February 24th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaK View Post
Mike, congrats on your upcoming anniversary. I agree with Henry, a cruise to Bermuda is wonderful, Bermuda is one of my all time favorite places to visit. My DH and i are in our early 50's and we love Princess, for us its a nice mix of casual/elegance, staff has always been great, enough to do on board, yet enough quiet places to relax and do nothing, good mix of all ages, have met some wonderful people of all ages and backgrounds. Mini-Suites are great. HAL is a great choice also, a bit more laid-back than Princess.
Lisa, Ken and all the others-thanks for all the great feed back. Well we wound up booking the NCL Jewel out of NY leaving on May 10th for 9 days E Carribean. We're hoping we made a good choice. We think we lucked out with getting a an aft mini-suite w/balcony-its one of their larger mini-suites and we're hoping in back it will be more private. In the end we liked the "free style" approach. I guess we'll se what happens- we are excited but a bit nervous that it seemed no one recommended NCL. Maybe I need to post over on the NCL section, but if any one has advice about NCL/Jewel, we would loove to hear it.
Hey Ken-enjoy the Princess and hope to hear about your trip! Thanks everyone!
Old March 15th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Looks like you picked a good ship; good itinerary, and nice cabin. The biggest thing is to have fun and celebrate your 25 years of marriage. The mini suite will give u a little extra room to move around. have a wonderful cruise.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds