Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 26th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Captain

Smile On board accounts

I was reading an old post and it stated that if there are to be tips added to yor onboard account that they will deducted from your account on your first day. So if you put down a cash deposit or use a debit card it will be deducted from your cash deposit or your bank account before you could buy your first drink! This post was from 2005 or so.Is it still the same today? And if so if you wanted to tip less how would that work out?
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2011, 03:15 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
I was reading an old post and it stated that if there are to be tips added to yor onboard account that they will deducted from your account on your first day. So if you put down a cash deposit or use a debit card it will be deducted from your cash deposit or your bank account before you could buy your first drink! This post was from 2005 or so.Is it still the same today? And if so if you wanted to tip less how would that work out?
Which cruiseline are you on? Different lines handle it differently. HAL for instance takes a certain amount right up front for the entire cruise. $50 a day per person comes to mind, I'll have to check that. Others just put a hold on daily for the amount that you're spending.

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old February 26th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
Which cruiseline are you on? Different lines handle it differently. HAL for instance takes a certain amount right up front for the entire cruise. $50 a day per person comes to mind, I'll have to check that. Others just put a hold on daily for the amount that you're spending.
We are booked on a princess Cruise and they charge your account $10 a day per person for tips this old post said that if you use a cash deposit for you account or used a debit card. That the funds would be taking out at the begining of the cruise, I was just wondering if this was true and if you decieded on the last day to tip less how that would work out?9 Im sorry sometimes I have trouble putting my thoughts into words!Oh cant forget 27 days till 14 day hawaii cruise with balcony fiirst cruise (YAAAAAAAA)
Old February 26th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Admiral

Quote:
We are booked on a princess Cruise and they charge your account $10 a day per person for tips this old post said that if you use a cash deposit for you account or used a debit card. That the funds would be taking out at the begining of the cruise, I was just wondering if this was true and if you decieded on the last day to tip less how that would work out?9 Im sorry sometimes I have trouble putting my thoughts into words!Oh cant forget 27 days till 14 day hawaii cruise with balcony fiirst cruise (YAAAAAAAA)
We've cruised Princess 9 times and I've never noticed them putting a hold on my account for tips for the entire cruise. The charge for the $10.50 goes on daily, not all at once at the beginning. Your shipboard tours will go through on the first day along with a small amount for incidentals, then the more you spend, you'll keep seeing a hold increase.

Hawaii By land x 2
Old February 27th, 2011, 08:32 AM
Captain

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackypup View Post
We've cruised Princess 9 times and I've never noticed them putting a hold on my account for tips for the entire cruise. The charge for the $10.50 goes on daily, not all at once at the beginning. Your shipboard tours will go through on the first day along with a small amount for incidentals, then the more you spend, you'll keep seeing a hold increase.
Interesting I really did not know how that all worked. So I guess if for some reason you hit your credit limit on your credit card.Would they just cut you off just curious!
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Interesting I really did not know how that all worked. So I guess if for some reason you hit your credit limit on your credit card.Would they just cut you off just curious!
You'd be getting a call to visit the front desk

Hawaii By land x 2
Old February 27th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Exclamation Credit limit

Quote:
If you hit your credit limit they throw you overboard ...

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html