CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Help Me Pick! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/381173-help-me-pick.html)

sherri81 March 14th, 2011 06:52 PM

Help Me Pick!

So I am celebrating my 30th birthday in July and have decided on the Caribbean. I have narrowed it down to the 3 below, Let me know your thoughts! I am 29 (turning 30 on the ship) and will be traveling with my bf no kids. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Cruise Details - Royal Caribbean International

</title> <script src="/CMS/javascript/jquery-1.4.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/CMS/JavaScript/globalMain.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <title>Cruise Details Page

</title> <script src="/CMS/javascript/jquery-1.4.2.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/CMS/JavaScript/globalMain.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <title>Cruise Details Page

nlb1050 March 14th, 2011 07:38 PM

Myself I would choose either of the Carnival cruises. We happen to like Carnival over Royal. But I don't think you can go wrong on any of the 3.

To help decide you need to see what the costs for each one is and decided then, make sure you are comparing the same type of cabin.

Paul Motter March 14th, 2011 07:40 PM

I suggest either one of the Carnival cruises - even though one of them starts in San Juan the ports of call are not that different.

IF you can get a cheap flight to San Juan I would take the Victory, but otherwise I would opt for the valor.

The Royal caribbean ships of that class are nice, but I think at your age you will have more fun on Carnival. I am assuming you like a little interaction with other people - dancing at night, etc.

I don't see many differences on your itinerary - so it is mostly a matter of the ship.

The two carnival ships are pretty similar - but I like the southern itinerary better - but not if you have to pay a lot more to get there.

AF1 March 15th, 2011 06:03 PM

I like the Royal Caribbean itinerary; have been to Barbados; St. Maartan, and San Juan. Are you traveling with family or friends; that will make a big difference as to how much fun u can have.

Moiraine March 15th, 2011 06:13 PM

I would go with one of the Carnival cruises since they are cheaper. You'll have more money to blow while on the cruise.

sherri81 March 16th, 2011 12:17 PM

Help Me Pick

I am traveling with my boyfriend. I think i will go witht he Carnival but now I need to decide if I should do the Valor leaving from Miami with less ports or San Juan with more. Anyone have an opinion on that?

nlb1050 March 16th, 2011 12:41 PM

sherri, since it will be Carnival which one better fits your budget? Go with that one.

Moiraine March 16th, 2011 01:16 PM

I agree...do the math. The one from San Juan would be nice but it is going to add to the cost. If you have the money that would be my pick, but the other one would be a nice cruise too, and I am sure cheaper without the airfare to San Juan.

LisaK March 16th, 2011 01:36 PM

if you can swing the airfare to San Juan, go for the Southern route, great ports

sherri81 March 17th, 2011 01:10 PM

Thank You

I have am going with the Victory out of San Juan. Thanks now I just need to pick my room!

Moiraine March 17th, 2011 01:36 PM

I'm sure you'll have a nice cruise.