CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   What are the chances? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/381675-what-chances.html)

Squeak April 3rd, 2011 12:57 PM

What are the chances?

Of finding somebody you met on a cruise if you only know their first name?

I'm sure this has been asked before...

I was a first time cruiser, on a 7 day long cruise out of NYC on the Norwegian Gem. I met a guy on the second to last night and we spent some time together that night. I only remember his first name, I had a little too much to drink and can't even recall what floor he was on, just that it had a balcony. I went back to my own room and didn't stay very long because I wasn't interested in anything more than what had already transpired. I thought it would be best to leave it at that, but we agreed to meet again that night for drinks and dancing.

For some reason, again I didn't get any more information even when I saw him again. He was acting kind of shy the second night, and he most certainly didn't ask me. I left without bothering, but the more I thought about it after i got home, the more I wished I had at least gotten his facebook information.

My brother met a few girls on the cruise and has since added them to facebook, and i'm curious as to whether or not I could find him by adding some of the other people from the cruise starting with these girls. I think maybe this is my best bet.

It's not that important because I don't even know where he's from and i'm not interested in anything more than what happened already. With that said, I still feel like I would like to keep in touch with him and find out a bit more about him. Does anyone have any advice? I know it's like a needle in a haystack, but I'd like to have a go at looking for the needle. :(

am588 April 3rd, 2011 01:41 PM

After my first cruise (before facebook and everything) I met someone and about 6 months later, we ran into each other at a sporting event. Turns out he lived about 3 hours from me. We didn't exchange information, so it was quite the surprise.

To make it a little weirder, a year later he ended up being my college tour guide when I was visiting a school.

I kept unintentionally running into him for a good 5-6 years after the cruise lol so it is possible! I'd say either check on facebook for this person, or you could always go through rollcalls (I'm not sure about Norwegian, but Carnival has a forum on their sites for rollcalls).

Lakers Fan April 3rd, 2011 04:27 PM

You could try posting a message on a social network if you are a member and perhaps he will see it and contact you .

Trip April 3rd, 2011 05:17 PM

Social networking is really the only way,and that's iffy:( There is no way via the cruiselines, to get any info...good luck!