Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 19th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Familiar Face

Default taxi cost/fly in day of or before

I am trying to decide if we should fly in the day of or day before we leave out of Mobile. Can someone gues what a taxi might be from airport to the port? I am told it is about 16 miles. We don't have taxis around here so I can't even guess. There are 6 of us going.
Thanks
Vicki
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2011, 12:05 AM
First Mate

Default Port is ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint180 View Post
I am trying to decide if we should fly in the day of or day before we leave out of Mobile. Can someone guess what a taxi might be from airport to the port? I am told it is about 16 miles. We don't have taxis around here so I can't even guess. There are 6 of us going.
Thanks
Vicki
Hi Vicki
What port are you going to , would help.
If your flight arrives at noon and your ship leaves at 4pm or 5pm then a taxi should be fine or a van in your case.
Try this link as it shows price between airport and main areas and you can pre-book.
SuperShuttle Airport Shuttle Service LAX SFO DIA PHX DFW TPA JFK BWI IAD SAN DCA SMF MCI IAH LGA MSP EWR AUS SNA HOU BUR DAL OAK BNA ONT LGB RDU SJC AZA ISP PTP PIE CDG ORY BVA Airports

You can also search on the web for taxi services and or the cruise line sells airport to port and that means you will get to the ship.

If you are changing planes that can add stress. If you can stay the night prior, that can be fun as you all relax and some hotels provide a shuttle
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/
Old April 20th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Hi Vicki
What port are you going to , would help.
The original poster stated they were leaving from Mobile. I haven't sailed from Mobile, so sorry that I can't help. But, I'm sure someone more familiar with Mobile sailings will jump in.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 20th, 2011, 02:24 AM
First Mate

Default Got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
The original poster stated they were leaving from Mobile. I haven't sailed from Mobile, so sorry that I can't help. But, I'm sure someone more familiar with Mobile sailings will jump in.
Thanks Kuki
Brain dead..

Ok,
quote: "
- the approximate cost for a taxi is $25 from the airport to the cruise port
quote: "
Getting from Mobile Regional Airport (MOB) to the Port of Mobile
The taxi cab rate from Mobile Airport to the cruise port is a flat $25 for the 45-minute ride.
For disembarkation day there are a limited number of taxis available at the port. If you plan to take a taxi to the airport, be sure to disembark early.

- Cruise Line transfers are $23 per person each way.

Mobile Airport offers discounted shuttle service to and from the cruise port only $25 round-trip and children under 12 are free.(updated September 2010)."
Mobile Regional Airport

Per below link... Mobile Cruises: Carnival Cruise Mobile
Only one cruise line serves the area anyhow Carnival
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/
Old April 20th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Admiral

if you can do it, definately fly in the day before, it is so much easier and less stressful, you are there you can relax by the pool, have a nice leisurely dinner, cocktails, do some last minute shopping in case you forgot anything, wake-up refreshed and ready to cruise, have a nice breakfast, and then leave for the cruise port at your leisure. No worries about making it to the ship on time if your flight gets delayed or cancelled
Old April 20th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

I agree with LisaK. If u have the extra time and money, fly in day prior. U can relax, make sure all your luggage has arrived, and relax. I remember a few years ago; I was flying to San Diego. There were a group of people on my flight who were sailing from San Diego to Hawaii; they were leaving that day. When they arrived; they found out their luggage was left in Cincinnati. So they would be at sea for four days without luggage. A good reason to fly in the day prior.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds