Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2011, 06:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Entertainment

I've seen a variety of comments here regarding the entertainment (specifically stage shows) on cruise ships. However, with the exception of "Theme" cruises, I seriously doubt that anyone books a cruise based solely on the entertainment. If you could book the entertainment for a cruise, who would you try to get? It could be your favorite singer, band, comedian, magician, ventriloquist, whomever. Jeff Dunham would be near the top of my wish list.
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to AF1

Oasis/Allure of the Seas have already booked big name entertainment. Taylor Swift has been onboard; they also have Hairspray and Chicago musicals. On Allure we saw Planet Earth, which is like a Cirque Soliel show, and Oceanaria, which is a high dive and water aerobatics show. I have seen Sinbad on a previous cruise, and I know Blue Man Group is on Norwegien Epic.
Splendour of the Seas: May 07
Explorer of the Seas: Jan 04
Majesty of the Seas Jan 99

Go Reds
Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Administrator
Admiral

If performers such as: Bruce Springsteen, Bob Seeger, Tom Petty or other classic artists would perform on a specific cruise I would book just for that reason.

Certain headline comedians would sway me to book.

I have read some great review from Paul and others about different music cruises that may sway me. It would have to be a rock n roll music cruise though.

I did cruise once where there were over 200 "barbershop" performers on board. I stayed as far away from them as possible. Barbershop is fun for about four songs then it starts to really bug me. YMMV

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 2nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Vic Arnell ,Holly Lipton and Marilyn Michaels are just a few that I would love to see on a cruise I was taking.
Old May 3rd, 2011, 07:40 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Af,
I will also agree with you on the entertainment on Oasis/Allure, looking forward to seeing those shows, they sound amazing...As for Jeff Dunham, he is great, I've always thought he'd be excellent for cruise ships, I wonder if he does those shows?

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 17th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Admiral

I'd get Harry Connick Jr., or perhaps some of todays great Country singers. Trace Adkins always puts on a GREAT show!

"SKY"
Old May 17th, 2011, 07:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

In my opinion, each cruise usually has one really good act that WOWs my wife and I, maybe two. In all my cruises I've only walked out on one headline show, and it was seriously bad. The rest I could at least sit thru. Cruise line dancers and singers are just filler to me, and I tend to skip a lot of those shows. Not a big fan of the 'jazz hands' musical numbers. Good music groups, comedy acts, the skating shows, hypnotists, jugglers, magic acts, and the like... Usually a mix. Some you'll enjoy, some ya won't...