Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Ofcourse they are attracting lower class people
thats because all the olde cruise directors are retired
or plying there tade on tugboats out of 3 world ports of call..lol
when I first sailed it was a tuxedo 6 nights a week for dinner
Only Lords and very wealthy did it thats were the word POSH originated before victoria bloody beckham had her plastic body remolded
these days its a tank top and cut off jeans to meet the captain
which only look good on young trashy women
but they wont give you there number
a jacket & tie is rare and tux only seen on entertainers
and 3rd rate magicians SAd very sad
the luxury liners are gone broken like the old ships
rotting in knackers yards in 4th world destinations waiting to be melted down into cigarette lighters
or upside down in hong kong harbor
victims of the old insurance fires
Old May 25th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Admiral

r u talkin bout me?

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old May 25th, 2011, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCVC View Post
Ofcourse they are attracting lower class people
thats because all the olde cruise directors are retired
or plying there tade on tugboats out of 3 world ports of call..lol
when I first sailed it was a tuxedo 6 nights a week for dinner
Only Lords and very wealthy did it thats were the word POSH originated before victoria bloody beckham had her plastic body remolded
these days its a tank top and cut off jeans to meet the captain
which only look good on young trashy women
but they wont give you there number
a jacket & tie is rare and tux only seen on entertainers
and 3rd rate magicians SAd very sad
the luxury liners are gone broken like the old ships
rotting in knackers yards in 4th world destinations waiting to be melted down into cigarette lighters
or upside down in hong kong harbor
victims of the old insurance fires
Well, that was a whole lot of ultra cliches, wasn't it

To that, I'd say... it wasn't then, and it isn't now
Old May 30th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Chafkin1 View Post
Nearly every week now, I have a couple or two in my office with a serious problem. They have telephoned everyone they know (from their cabin telephone) to tell them about their wonderful first-time cruise.
Unfortunately, they now have a $4,000 telephone charge on their cabin account.
When I try to explain to them that a ship - just like an airplane or just like nearly every every hotel in the world - charges extra for telephone calls. All charges and services are listed in the portfolio next to the telephone. They always have the same answer: "We have never flown in an airplane or stayed in a hotel in our entire lives. We don't klnow anything about a portfolio, and we have no idea what you are talking about". They blame the cruise line and insist that we pay for their erroneous telephone charges. We cannot do that and they are very upset.

Every cruise we have many confused passengers who do not understand how to utilize our anytime dining rooms. When we try to explain that they work exactly like a restaurant at home, they explain," We have never eaten in a restaurant at home. We still do not understand."

Every cruise we have many passengers who do not understand how to disembark the ship, claim their luggage and go through customs and immigration. We explain that it works exactly the same as at the airport.
Their reply? "We have never flown in an airplane, and still have no idea what you are talking about."
passengers come in all creeds from all nationalities cultures and backgrounds
what is okay in one country can be considered rude in another
The challenger westerners have is no matter what nationality the ship or the passenger is to become fascinated not frustrated..chillout relax..stress will eventually kill us all.don't worry Be happy!
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Admiral

I question whether the crusing passenger has changed or whether society in general has changed.

Growing up, you'd never dream of wearing jeans or showing your shoudlers at Church. If dresscode can't be maintained in a place of worship, why should a cruiseline be any different?

If people don't respect their own property, why should they respect that of a cruiseline?

As long as people are selfish and outfor themselves, there will be chair hogs on cruiseships, and people butting in the buffet line, and .... As a society, I don't think we are really taught to be held accountable for our actions, so why wouldn't we try to rack up charges and then complain to get those charges cancelled.

Society has changed. The world has changed. It's not exclusive to cruiseships.

Interesting perspective Bruce, I enjoyed reading your post. People think the world owes them. That kind of attitude will go far beyond the cruiseship.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991
Old June 10th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhill View Post
Your joking right? what do you mean lower quality of passenger? That some people make less money,are a little less educated, come from a diffrent part of the country,believe in diffrent things?I dont understand I didnt know that you had to meet certain standards to cruise or that you got judged by a certain standard.I thought everyone on the ship was there to have fun and that everyone is the same but I guess I was wrong. And how does some one who is less or more educated then me or makes more or less money then me or believes in religon going to affect my cruise the question sounds kind of snobbish to me!
I agree whole heartedly with this! So only if your old and retired you should be able to cruise is that what your getting at?
Old June 11th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Familiar Face

hmm. i've just booked my first cruise as a second class passenger on Cunard so maybe theres your answer.
Old June 11th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasco08 View Post
I agree whole heartedly with this! So only if your old and retired you should be able to cruise is that what your getting at?
Sounds good to me!
Old June 11th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
Sounds good to me!
I bet but i guess thats why you live in Florida.
Old June 11th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Admiral

[QUOTE=Queen of Oakville;1373741]I question whether the crusing passenger has changed or whether society in general has changed.

Growing up, you'd never dream of wearing jeans or showing your shoudlers at Church. If dresscode can't be maintained in a place of worship, why should a cruiseline be any different?

QUOTE]

You are absolutetely correct! Society has indeed changed quite a bit. The people of today do not have the manners that their parents did and they are not friendly and tolerant of others.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old June 14th, 2011, 06:20 PM
First Mate

things have changed a lot from when i started cruising in 2003. it has become very casual.but that's ok were on vacation. i do still like to put a suit on for dinner and evening activities.
2007 carnival liberty
2005 carnival destiny
2004 rccl radiance of the seas
2003 rccl explorer of the seas
Old June 20th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Familiar Face

I think it's wonderful that there is a wide variety of cruise styles to choose from. Yes, I think cheaper cruises and more "freestyle" cruising has led to less well-dressed, well-manered crowds. However, I'm glad that I can find both "styles" of cruising and even have a good mix of cruisers in the inexpensive lines. I think the worst part is if cruisers expect all lines, all itineraries to be the high-end with "proper" dress and manners, and then are sorely disappointed in their cruise.
Old June 21st, 2011, 09:37 PM
Familiar Face

Being a first time cruiser come November, it's been interesting reading everyone's comments. I obviously can't say much of worth but in a nutshell this is what I hope and believe: If you're going on a cruise it's your responsibility to learn and be aware of rules and policies. Do your research before you go. Do your best to be educated to make it a more pleasant experience for yourself and others. It's your choice to go on a cruise so you're choosing to comply with things like formal nights and such. Don't like formal dress? Go to the buffet or don't go on the cruise at all. It's common sense that, if cruiselines are trying to attract more people with more affordable cruises, that less wealthy people have a chance to cruise and sometimes that means clothing not as expensive. Honestly, we can't change that-that's just the way the industry is going and it's not bad-just different. Our family is middle class and, while I can't afford $100 shirts, I can still dress cleanly and appropriately. Also, people just need to plainly be considerate of others. No matter their "class". I try very hard to follow that rule wherever I go. Loud drunks bother me, to be honest, and I won't deny that I'll probably see that on my cruise. Perhaps some people believe they don't have to be quite as considerate of others since they're on vacation, I don't know. Anyway, these are all just views from my side of the fence. I hope to be as well prepared as possible for my cruise. To me that's just common sense.

Well, that was quite a large nutshell ;-) But yall may begin to learn that I can be quite wordy
Old June 21st, 2011, 10:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Well said Peachy--you will enjoy your first cruise!

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.