Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I remember on my first cruise that we kept our suitcases against the wall on one side of the cabin. I tried to put them under the bed but they were about an inch too high to slide under. I didn't realize that I could lift the bed an inch and slide them under. I thought the beds were bolted to the floor and didn't even bother to try to lift them up. :o

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 19th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Captain

Smile

My wife and I went on our first cruise last April it went pretty smooth .But I asked alot of questions and read alot of old post on cruisemates which I think helped alot.But still we made a few mistakes one that cost us 4 days. First we should of left a day early to meet the ship but we decieded to fly the same day and thats the day Alaska airlines computer crashed long story short we missed the ship and 4 sea days sailing to Hawaii.But Alaska airlines flew us to Kona for 4 days and put us up in a resort it was nice.We will always leave a day early know .Another mistake was the old cell phone roaming charge thing which was my fault because I had read Kukis Post about that subject that one cost $75.00.And just a bunch a little things like getting lost on the ship that was fun tho.I really think that finding this web site made a big diffrence in are first cruise! And I feel that would be a big Mistake if your going on your first cruise is not to find a place where you can ask questions and pick the minds of people who have been there and done that