Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2011, 12:55 PM
Familiar Face

Default ECV Usage (Response to "A Challenge") - LOL

I am unable to walk for a long period of time without pain. How difficult is it to use an ECV in port, or on RCCL's private island, Labadee? I am concerned about the sand causing problems with my ECV.

Also, using the ECV, I will need to get to different decks using an elevator. Are there enough elevators that I don't have to wait "forever" to use the elevator since there are so many passengers using them?

Anyone out there who have used ECVs on cruises?

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2011, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Iuki.....thanks for asking an important question I also understand the: not walking long part, & although I cannot help with your ECV issues, I know others will pop in to help. We stay close by an elevator when we can, so not to have to walk the long corridor. We have not experienced any extra noise either.

Getting an elevator will have a longer wait when you first board the ship,and, when you are ready to disembark. After dinner, and, the shows as well. Most people waill accomodate, getting you on first.

On Labadee, they used to have oversize wheels on push chairs, to get you over the sand easily.

Tell us what ship, and where you will will be cruising....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 22nd, 2011, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Soooo. what's an ECV?
Old July 22nd, 2011, 05:45 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Iuki.....thanks for asking an important question I also understand the: not walking long part, & although I cannot help with your ECV issues, I know others will pop in to help. We stay close by an elevator when we can, so not to have to walk the long corridor. We have not experienced any extra noise either.

Getting an elevator will have a longer wait when you first board the ship,and, when you are ready to disembark. After dinner, and, the shows as well. Most people waill accomodate, getting you on first.

On Labadee, they used to have oversize wheels on push chairs, to get you over the sand easily.

Tell us what ship, and where you will will be cruising....
We have a cruise booked on FOTS for May 27, 2012, Western Caribbean itinerary. In reference to the "push chairs," my husband has only one arm, so unless I want to go in circles , I would need to push myself, but am unable due to rotocuff surgery and calcium deposits in both shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
Soooo. what's an ECV?
An ECV is an Electric Chair Vehicle also known as a mobility scooter. I don't need it 24/7, but extensive walking is very painful due to arthritis and fibromyalgia.

When we had gone on a cruise to Alaska, after getting off the ship in Anchorage, we had to return to the ship after walking up and back on one street in town.

When we docked in Ketchikan (last port on the cruise), I was in so much pain that I was unable to leave the ship. My husband (bless his heart) had to go into town by himself to finish up the last of the shopping for relatives.

We finally decided to invest in an ECV when going to theme parks, etc.