Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Captain

Smile 28 day cruise!

I was just looking at Princess web site at their 28 day cruise to Tahiti @ Somoa round trip from L.A.IT cost $5495 pp It has a total of 18 sea days 10 alone on the way home thats a lot of sea days.I think I would enjoy it. How about you is that to many sea days?I really dont think that the price is to bad if you were to put a little a side every month you could have it paid off in a few years.The hardest part would be getting time off from work! Wouldnt the wife be surprised if in a couple years from now she opened a Christmas presnt and there was a 28 day cruise in there! Boy that would be worth a few points with the wife! Well I guess I have rambled on long enough ever one have a good day I am going fishing the salmon are starting to come into the rivers.A nice salmon and crab dinner sounds good to me.
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Admiral

We did a 28 night cruise last Xmas/New Year flew UK to Barbados then 28 nights round the Caribbean & Southern US states....we didn't want to get off!!
Old August 27th, 2011, 01:48 PM
Admiral

That is a trip that I would like to take in my last weeks before retiring.
I currently have six weeks holidays each year and will be retiring in 5 years.
Some maybe after or just retirement .

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Admiral

Sounds like a wonderful cruise. We had a 25 cruise this past winter and it was fantastic. French Polynesia is wonderful; you will enjoy your ports.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old August 28th, 2011, 07:56 AM
Admiral

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) is doing a 12 day Med Cruise, then staying aboard for the 15 day TransAtlantic, repositioning, for a total of 27 days. She can't wait! I think that's going to be a wonderful cruise, and really, really wish I could join her. Maybe by then I can!
Your cruise sounds GREAT too. I'd love to do an extended cruise. The only LONG cruises I've ever done were aboard U.S. Aircraft Carriers. (Somehow,,,just not the same.)

"SKY"
Old August 28th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
The only LONG cruises I've ever done were aboard U.S. Aircraft Carriers. (Somehow,,,just not the same.)

"SKY"
Sky, at least you got two beers after 90 days at sea.

When I was on USS America in Indian Ocean rhwy put a couple of life boats in water circling ship and the guys got a chance for their two beers. I was lucky enough to be on the Admiral's Barge with a fully stocked bar.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old August 28th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) is doing a 12 day Med Cruise, then staying aboard for the 15 day TransAtlantic, repositioning, for a total of 27 days. She can't wait! I think that's going to be a wonderful cruise, and really, really wish I could join her. Maybe by then I can!
Your cruise sounds GREAT too. I'd love to do an extended cruise. The only LONG cruises I've ever done were aboard U.S. Aircraft Carriers. (Somehow,,,just not the same.)

"SKY"
What in Heaven's name does one do with all those sea days? I guess I'm more of a port intensive person. I had 2 sea days on a ship and almost went bonkers.
Old August 28th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
What in Heaven's name does one do with all those sea days? I guess I'm more of a port intensive person. I had 2 sea days on a ship and almost went bonkers.
RE-LAX.....it's an art!
Old August 28th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Admiral

I could go on a cruise that has 6 sea days for every 7 day cruise.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old August 28th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
RE-LAX.....it's an art!
What's that?

I guess part may be from my line of work, except for breaks, it's non stop things required to be done, along with people's wishes, keeping them comfortable, fed, fall prevention and be ready for emergencies etc.
Old August 29th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Johnthedog nailed it! RELAX! The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I rarely leave the ship anymore, regardless of where we sail in the Caribbean. (Of course, the Med cruise will be quite different, and there's a port every day that she'll want to explore.) For us, in the Caribbean, the ship is the destination. LOVE sea days, with lots going on aboard,,,,trivia,,,,pool games,,,,music venues,,,,bingo,,,,and the list goes on, and on. LOVE sea days!

"SKY"
Old August 29th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Admiral

Quote:
What's that?

I guess part may be from my line of work, except for breaks, it's non stop things required to be done, along with people's wishes, keeping them comfortable, fed, fall prevention and be ready for emergencies etc.
All the more reason to relax, it's your holiday you don't HAVE to do anything.
Old August 29th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
All the more reason to relax, it's your holiday you don't HAVE to do anything.
True. But how do you go from full throttle to 0? Your brain is not programmed to just STOP.
Old August 29th, 2011, 05:51 PM
Admiral

Quote:
True. But how do you go from full throttle to 0? Your brain is not programmed to just STOP.
So slow down first...believe me none of it actually matters.
Old September 15th, 2011, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
HA! Trust me,,,I've worked some VERY high pressure jobs in my long, long careers, and cruising, and not having to do anything, or worry about anything is just the ticket for me. I'm really tired of worrying about everything, and everyone else. Give me a deck chair in the shade, an I-Pod full of really good music, and a cool drink, and I'm "good to go". (A pool full of beautiful ladies, in bikinis doesn't hurt either!) (Don't tell the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) I said that!)

"SKY"
Old September 16th, 2011, 03:06 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

My very first cruise EVER started with 10 days at sea from Los Angeles to one of the Marquesa Islands in the South Pacific - and after 10 days at sea when we arrived there was nothing there but coconut trees and one little shack with a cooler full of beer for sale. It was all sold out within minutes.

As I recall crewmembers were pushing passengers out of the way to get off the ship (just kidding).

For me - since I did not know any difference - the ten days were just what I thought cruising meant. Being the south Pacific it was dead calm all the time - flat as a pancake for as far as the eye can see.