CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Large popcorn, with butter please:) (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/384726-large-popcorn-butter-please.html)

Trip September 2nd, 2011 07:00 PM

Large popcorn, with butter please:)

Do you watch movies in your cabin? On the Magic's 1st cruise, the tv was having problems. Not unusual for an innaugural cruise, but, I was able to catch The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, over several cycles in full...I don't usually have the time or inclination to see it from beginning to end, in our cabin. We did see Our Big Fat Greek Wedding on the Zuiderdam in the theater,with some great popcorn:)

Do you like seeing the movies under the stars...noisy, cold ? How was it?

fun2cruiz September 2nd, 2011 07:10 PM

MUTS is enjoyable.... a little loud, but still, how much better can it get than to watch a movie in an outdoor theatre while at sea ???

In stateroom movies..... not for me...... never have and do not plant to watch them !

Lakers Fan September 2nd, 2011 08:35 PM

I've never watched an in cabin movie .There are so many thing to be done out of the room .I can watch movies at home.

Fern September 2nd, 2011 08:58 PM

Yes, I watch the in cabin movies. In fact, the only time I've seen (and re-seen :)!) My Big Fat Greek Wedding was on board. I've also watched An Affair to Remember enough times that I can "talk along :D !

I would like to be able to order popcorn from Room Service!

blueliner September 2nd, 2011 09:08 PM

I really enjoyed the Movie under the stars when we were on Princess, the crew came around with popcorn, and later with cookies and milk!

Occasionally, on sea days when I've had enough of sitting at the pool and there is no trivia games going on, I will spend an afternoon in my cabin snoozing on the bed and watching whatever movie they have playing on the TV.

Marc September 2nd, 2011 09:47 PM

On occassion, we have watched a movie in the cabin. We usually order popcorn from room service and pop a couple of cold ones.

OldFartCruiser September 2nd, 2011 11:31 PM

Titanic

We only turn the tv on to check the bill.

Have watched a movie occasionally on sea days in the ship's theater.

A few years ago watched Titanic on Princess's big screen on a cool night w/rough seas. Blankets were provided and of course plenty of popcorn.

O F C'er

bonnyprincecharlie January 23rd, 2014 01:41 PM

I will bet if you ordered popcorn with melted butter you would get it

I remember in the movie theater in my home town you could get popcorn with hot, liquid, yellow butter squirted on top of it.
Wow that was the best popcorn in the world. I'll bet that on any ship you travel on you could ask for hot buttered popcorn and you would get it. Now my only concern would be they might serve the butter in a gravy dispenser which is okay I guess. Has anyone tried to order hot buttered popcorn on a cruise ship. I ordered banana splits on the Wonder and I wondered if they had ever seen an American banana split. Of course when I get on the Oasis or the Allure I know they will have American style banana splits.

Aerogirl January 23rd, 2014 01:45 PM

I love watching a movie out on deck as well as the free popcorn. I usually put on my sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt and my hoodie if needed. The bathrobe makes a good blanket if needed also.