Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Jason Leppert

Default A Celebration of Cruise Staff

In light of Labor Day and our latest article, we at Cruise Mates would like to know which crew members have made the biggest impact on making your cruise exceptional.
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

While we really do appreciate all that make us comforatble on our cruises, I would have to say the dining room staff, because of having so much interaction with them. So much effort is put forth to make our dining experiance a memorable one. All the crew deserves kudos.....jobs well done!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 5th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Admiral

To be brutally honest, we seldom see the room steward & he usually has little to do in our cabin, the dining team take the order & bring the food, they are so busy with all the tables they are serving they have little time to interact. Seldom if ever have room service, rather get stuff ourselves. On one cruise we were on an officers table with some of his family, he was good company as was his colleague who also joined us from time to time, so I suppose that made our cruise more enjoyable, we are still in touch from time to time but as time goes on we do contact each other less ..sadly.

Last edited by johnthed0g; September 5th, 2011 at 06:18 AM. Reason: sp
Old September 5th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Admiral

Our last cruise it was our piano man and the bar staff in the piano lounge.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Old September 5th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

I think the Cabin Steward is the most important crew member. In addition to cleaning the cabin, he makes sure you receive your communications, laundry, etc. Keeps the ice chest full and fulfills special requests such as hair dryers if needed.

I could have a different waiter each night and it shouldn't make a difference.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old September 5th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Admiral

We must all be different then, we seldom see the cabin guy, he does the cabin when we are out & we seldom want much, ice yes & a mattress topper if the bed is hard.
Old September 5th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

On my last trip I was aboard for 21 days and my room steward was an absolute gem. The last morning he threw his arms around me and said how much he would miss me. What had I done to elicit this? I called him by name, I asked how he was and about his family. I kept my cabin neat and when I left in the morning hung the tag on the door so he could do the cabin.
Old September 5th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

I believe that all crew members play an intergral part of your cruise experience and should be recognized (including those behind the scenes you do not see, but are working for you) and given a "high five" for their hard work and dedication. But so should our local citizens that are in the labor force...

In my eyes, our citizens in the USA should get the most recognition and be first to be provided with it on this Labor Day !

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old September 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannp View Post
On my last trip I was aboard for 21 days and my room steward was an absolute gem. The last morning he threw his arms around me and said how much he would miss me. What had I done to elicit this? I called him by name, I asked how he was and about his family. I kept my cabin neat and when I left in the morning hung the tag on the door so he could do the cabin.
I should imagine most people do this....