CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   All Things Cruising (
-   -   Electrical Adaptor?? (

Golden1 September 16th, 2011 10:58 PM

Electrical Adaptor??
I am cruising Royal out of Puerto Rico. I will have my Ipod, camera and cellphone. I have chargers for all of them. Will I need an adapter for the outlets in the cabin for these? If so, what type will I need?

Donna September 17th, 2011 05:47 AM

No, you shouldn't need an adapter, but you may want to use a power strip to have everything charged.

johnthed0g September 17th, 2011 07:32 AM

Usually US ships have US type power sockets, UK ships have UK style sockets, one thing they both usually have are not enough of them, so yes as Trip says take a power strip/extension lead.

Mike M September 17th, 2011 08:27 AM

On almost all ships there will be one 110V outlet and one 220V outlet. If you will need to charge more than one thing at a time then a power strip or mutliplug is a good idea.

I always carry a 220V plug adapter in my laptop case. The AC adapters for PC's and most other electronics work with either 110V or 220V current. You just need the correct plug. I just put the 220 plug adapter on my PC and use the 220V outlet.

Take care,

Marc September 17th, 2011 09:53 AM

I agree with Mike about bringing a 220v adapter to take advantage of the additional plug. You will want the Wesern Europe adapter (not UK or eastern europe).

BTW, I had thought that all ships had banned power strips. With the two plugs, and using your computer to recharge your USB chargable electronics, there should be no need for power strip.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1