CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Crazy, wackadoodle, good grief? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/385288-crazy-wackadoodle-good-grief.html)

Trip October 3rd, 2011 07:02 PM

Crazy, wackadoodle, good grief?

Is this the point where we all shake our heads and say,"what the whatttt?????" When does it become too over the top?

A Ski Trip To The Caribbean Sea | Skiing On A Moving Boat!

Phil&Liz October 3rd, 2011 08:45 PM

Nope. won't get me on it.

I think a good idea is to have beginner scuba classes on the ship so that folks can get ready for the ports scuba options.

fun2cruiz October 3rd, 2011 08:46 PM

try to find a pool without the masses in it to provide that scuba lesson.....dont see that happening, but a good idea !

Trip October 3rd, 2011 08:52 PM

They used to clear the pool to teach snorkeling....so.......not a leap.

Phil&Liz October 3rd, 2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fun2cruiz (Post 1395343)
try to find a pool without the masses in it to provide that scuba lesson.....dont see that happening, but a good idea !

LOL I was thinking more of a dedicated tank. If you have 2 sea days before a port thats plenty to get certified I should think.

Lakers Fan October 3rd, 2011 09:02 PM

What will be next ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1395327)
Is this the point where we all shake our heads and say,"what the whatttt?????" When does it become too over the top?

A Ski Trip To The Caribbean Sea | Skiing On A Moving Boat!

Parachute jumping onto the ships ?

Mike M October 3rd, 2011 09:18 PM

It was an April Fool's Joke.

"We're afraid to tell you that our wonderful skiing cruise to the Caribbean is in fact a figment of our imagination for April Fools Day!
If you would like to take an actual cruise, please see our cruise deals or if you would like to take an actual skiing holiday, please see our ski deals."

It looked about as legitimate as a "Free Carnival Cruise" postcard addressed to "Or Current Occupant". :D

Take care,
Mike

Trip October 3rd, 2011 09:20 PM

Reminded me of skiing in Dubai:)

twoAlaskans October 4th, 2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil&Liz (Post 1395355)
LOL I was thinking more of a dedicated tank. If you have 2 sea days before a port thats plenty to get certified I should think.

Not certified, but could get you past the pool part and your open water dives could then be done in the port....but you will need an instructor...but would be a good money maker for the lines in that if they sign an agreement with someone like PADI and make it work ina port or two...the biggest issue is your open water dives have to be in very confined water area and you need safty divers with the instructor...plus, I dont want to be on a reef with brand new divers who are bouncing all over stiring the silt up :cry: why not get certified prior to your cruise and get some dives in so you too can enjoy reef exploring?

anniegb October 4th, 2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1395356)
Parachute jumping onto the ships ?

I did see Parasailing in the Bahamas with a NCL cruiseship in the vicinity.

Henry,you would probably need a helipad - not beyond the realms of possibility.

Now what about bungee jumping?

Annie

green_rd October 4th, 2011 08:31 AM

The tip was it was a one-time opportunity.

It's hard enough to play mini-golf in a 20 knot wind

Trip October 4th, 2011 08:52 AM

Does anyone remember years ago, there were some over the top renderings of futuristic cruise ship pictures posted? The one that I remember, had like a tram, that moved you around the ship, but... the tram was outside of the ship!!! Oh my!

Some offerrings onboard and on private islands now, for early day cruisers must seem totally amazing!

LisaK October 4th, 2011 09:18 AM

as soon as i read the "one time offering" that made me suspicious, i mean what cruise line would spend $$$$$ to retro-fit a ship for one cruise?
In regards to SCUBA certification, it used to be, not sure if this still applies, but if you took your classroom at home you could take your open water on the cruise.

skymaster October 4th, 2011 05:24 PM

I figured it was a photo of the new "Ski-slope of the Seas", and that RCI would be raising all their rates another 15% to pay for it! :shock: Wouldn't surprise me at all!

"SKY"

Donna October 4th, 2011 07:12 PM

Yea Trip,
I do seem to remember that and thinking that was just so far out, but now, I don't think so....Look at some of these mega ships today and all the stuff they have onboard??