Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2011, 11:14 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default First time cruising Princess

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to see if anyone had comments about Princess Cruises. I'm a guy in my 20's going with my parents on a 14 day cruise to Hawaii on Princess in February. We've done 6 cruises in the past but only been on Royal Caribbean and went on Celebrity once. Any major difference to expect on Princess that I'm used to from RCCL. I heard Princess isn't as much of a party atmosphere but it's still a vacation right? I'm sure it will be whatever we make of it but curious about major differences in the two lines.
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

You will find Princess a little more quiet, especially after 10pm. Food I thought was a bit better, and I love the 24 hour Horizon Ct. The entertainment can't be beat on Royal Caribbean, but you'll still find some good shows on Princess. It is still a wonderful cruiseline, would sail on them in a second.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 10th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Just because of the length of the cruise, you may find the demographics skew a bit older. Honeymooners too, I would think. Pricesss does have a more sedate atmoshpere, but check your daily activity sheet, to see where the action is....have a great cruise.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old October 10th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Familiar Face

My experience is limited, but in comparing my Princess experience with other people's cruise experiences I think it's definitely safe to say it's a slightly quieter crowd. Even when we get their brochures in the mail they have been keen to point out in the past that they don't have rock climbing walls and water slides...

Overall I'd say they are definitely more of a "take it easy" cruise line as opposed to a "party 'til you drop" cruise line. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Personally, I'm happier taking it easy.