Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default How late can you be seated at the Main Dining Room?

Generally, how late can you walk into the main dining room and still be served food? I am cruising on Princess.
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2011, 04:38 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Shortly after we welcome you onboard your spectacular Princess ship, you're invited to relax and dine at the Horizon Court or in one of the ship’s multiple dining rooms.
Open from 5 am to 11 pm (12 am on select itineraries), the Horizon Court offers a wide selection of buffet meals or snacks. A primary feature of Princess ships, the top-of-the-ship restaurant features floor-to-ceiling windows with stunning sea views as a backdrop.
Or join us in one of our main dining rooms for lunch served up by a staff -- from chefs to waiters -- dedicated to making your dining experience something special.
Together, Princess' unique combination of gracious dining staff, fine continental cuisine and new friends make every meal onboard a memorable occasion.

*Anytime Dining offers a flexible dining experience – just like a restaurant would – and gives you the freedom to dine with whomever you wish, at your convenience between 5:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. in elegant, upscale venues.
Should you need to change this request, call your travel agent no later than three weeks before you sail. Requests for preferences and changes are considered on a first-come, first-served basis. It is not always possible to alter dining preferences or seating arrangements once they are reserved.
Once onboard and subject to availability, you may attempt to switch preferences with 24 hours notice to the Maitre D’. We will do our best to accommodate your preference.

*Traditional Dining is the classic cruise dining experience. Indulge in our freshly-prepared, award-winning cuisine, served at set times in an elegant dining room with the same waitstaff and table mates each evening.
Should you need to change this request, call your travel agent no later than three weeks before you sail. Requests for preferences and changes are considered on a first-come, first-served basis. It is not always possible to alter dining preferences or seating arrangements once they are reserved.
Once onboard and subject to availability, you may attempt to switch preferences with 24 hours notice to the Maitre D’. We will do our best to accommodate your preference.
Dining Hours are posted onboard and are subject to change. Actual times may vary based on itinerary per season.

All info readily available at http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_an..._nightlife.jsp

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Wow!! Great information! Thanks!
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Golden, the main dining rooms have set times, arriving more than a 5-10 minutes after the dining room opens, to my mind is not the way too have a happy server. For me, I am always punctual, especially for dinner. l It just throws everything off schedule...Your tablemates maybe on an appetizer or will have already ordered. The wait staff works hard enough,without late diners.

Years ago,my boss and his wife, thought nothing of sauntering into dinner, whenever they were ready, and to heck with anyone..I remember the wife complaining, they had told the waiter to always have her beverage ready, and was unhappy when it wasn't! No matter the ice cubes would have melted and then some, with her tardiness

I do think most cruisers are considerate though.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; November 9th, 2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old November 9th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Admiral

Agree with Trip, even if you had a table for two it would throw the system out.
Old November 10th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Sorry, I always seem to leave out information on my posts!!

I will be taking advantage of anytime dining. That is why I was wondering how late I could go to the main dining room and still be served.

Thanks for all the info!!