CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Tick Tock, Tick___________! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/386245-tick-tock-tick___________.html)

Trip November 28th, 2011 01:03 PM

Tick Tock, Tick___________!

Do you wear a watch on a cruise? Do you care what time it is? Many people nowadays, don't wear a watch, and, rely on the technology, they are carrying, to let them know if they are late.;) On a cruise though, no one is carrying their phones! Leaving the ship, I would be nervous without mine.

I collect them &,wear one always, even by the pool. You?

fun2cruiz November 28th, 2011 01:51 PM

Personally I do not wear a watch when on vacation.... never have.

My Philosophy:

"I have no place to be and no time to get there, Just point me to the bar, or server please take my order,
As it's 5oclock somewhere "!

green_rd November 28th, 2011 02:46 PM

I wear a watch in the air - yes I'm a clock watcher in flight - and when we are doing our own wandering during a ShoreEx. I might wear a watch on board if I want to make a particular event on time, usually our attitude is "if we make it, we make it, if not - that's life"

KayAnnie November 28th, 2011 04:18 PM

Absolutely! I have to know what time to get to trivia!!! ;)

johnthed0g November 28th, 2011 04:27 PM

I always wear a watch, just a habit I suppose. I have two. a "good one" & a cheap one to wear ashore, no point is asking for trouble.

Manuel November 28th, 2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnthed0g (Post 1403241)
I always wear a watch, just a habit I suppose. I have two. a "good one" & a cheap one to wear ashore, no point is asking for trouble.

I am exactly the same way.

TM

Mike M November 28th, 2011 11:10 PM

I feel naked without a watch. I have a large number of them but for some reason I have one Breitling that I wear most of the time. I will wear some other ones for dress or if I'm going somewhere on shore where there may be a chance it could get stolen I wear the Timex Indiglo or a Seiko.

My wife has put a hold on me purchasing new watches. With nine in the safe and many more than that in my drawers she feels there is a better way to spend money. :D

BTW: The Timex quartz with a fresh battery keeps time as well as the Rolex but doesn't look, feel as nice or have the craftsmanship of the Rolex.

Take care,
Mike

Lakers Fan November 29th, 2011 12:18 AM

Yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1403225)
Do you wear a watch on a cruise? Do you care what time it is? Many people nowadays, don't wear a watch, and, rely on the technology, they are carrying, to let them know if they are late.;) On a cruise though, no one is carrying their phones! Leaving the ship, I would be nervous without mine.

I collect them &,wear one always, even by the pool. You?

I wear a watch at all times except when sleeping or bathing .

Fern November 30th, 2011 08:54 PM

I wear a watch anytime I leave the house. I know it's "geeky", but I love the $10.00 watch sales onboard :D!

I have a NEED to know what time it is, even if I don't have to be anywhere!

Trip November 30th, 2011 09:01 PM

I used to do small repairs and change batteries with one job,and I saw some fabulous watched come across my bench, One was a Daniel Mink,and I coveted it.

In St. Thomas the year hurricane Luis and Marilyn gave the Caribbean a double whammy, the ship I was on, was the first ship allowed back in. The damage we saw was unreal, and the shops were dying for our business. I was able to get that Daniel Mink watch,and I was a happy cruiser....

Love watches.....they are more then a time piece, they are jewelry to me.

gottacruz December 3rd, 2011 12:14 PM

Nope, don't own watch so....

johnthed0g December 3rd, 2011 01:01 PM

I also think a watch is more than just something to tell the time by....but then I think a cellphone is something to make phone calls with...

HALGAL December 8th, 2011 03:25 PM

Always wear a watch.

Golden1 December 8th, 2011 04:27 PM

I wear a watch when I am cruising because I want to be on time for the shows and activities!