CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Whats up (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/386496-whats-up.html)

Dhill December 13th, 2011 06:48 AM

Whats up

Just thought I would say good morning to everyone. I hope everyone has a good day.So does anyone have plans for an up coming cruise? My wife and I are planning to take a cruise in April of 2113 for my wifes 50th birthday. WE are hoping to go on a 14 day Caribbean cruise with Celeberty. Sounds like fun to me! Well its that time of day where I get to head back to the salt mine for a day of fun rofl I hope everyone has a great day:)

Lakers Fan December 13th, 2011 09:00 PM

We are cruising to the Caribbean in March ,2012 .

Mike M December 13th, 2011 11:12 PM

I'm done cruising for this year but in 2012 I'll be cruising on Carnival Liberty in March, Carnival Breeze for the CM Mediterranean Cruise in June and Celebrity Millennium in December.

I'm really looking forward to all of them. My wife retires in June and the Med cruise will be great for her and we will stay in Europe for about a month after the cruise. We will visit Poland, Germany and England.

The Asian cruise is my wife's retirement present. We will cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong and will be spending a week pre and post cruise in Hong Kong and Singapore. We loved Hong Kong and can't wait to return and also to visit Vietnam.

It's going to be a fun year.

Take care,
Mike

Marc December 13th, 2011 11:26 PM

We will start off the year with a cruise to Antarctica. We first wanted to book this in 2002 and actually booked and cancelled in 2006 and 2007. We start in Buenos Aires and stop in Falklands and South Georgia Island on way to Antarctica. Antarctica will be our seventh Continent. Only other cruise for us in 2012 will be Monte Carlo to Rio. Unfortunately, as I am still working, there won't be a pre or post-cruise. :(

We already have a cruise booked for 2013. :D

We are sailing Bangkok to Mumbai with pre in Bangkok and post to Taj Mahal.

Mike, I can't wait for retirement and the chance to spend months traveling in Europe and North America. We saw so much of Europe when we lived there but it was almost all four day weekend "city trips."

Dhill December 14th, 2011 06:45 AM

Oh ya retirement I cant wait Still have about 12 years to go:neutral:Sounds like you guys have some pretty cool trips ahead of you.Right now with work and everything we only get to vaction about once every two years but thats better then nothing.Hope you guys have a blast on your cruises sounds like trips of a lifetime take care.The Antartic, seems like I was reading something about those cruises.seems to me I read that they only let the ship so close to the ice pack and they wont let you get off and walk around It also seems like they said the chances are pretty good of hitting some pretty bad weather.Thats kind of an off the wall kind of cruise.Sounds like fun ! OhOH time to head out to work no retirement today. Everyone take care and have a nice day ! And smooth sailing to all:)

HALGAL December 16th, 2011 01:25 PM

We are taking the Grand Voyage 1/6/12 with Holland America. Luggage is packed and leaving today.

I'm so excited, I can't wait. Yes retirement is great.

Paul Motter December 19th, 2011 01:30 PM

I actually have nothing specific scheduled right now - but I am sure I will be going on the Disney Fantasy when it comes out in March.

johnthed0g December 19th, 2011 03:51 PM

Instead of longer cruises next year we are doing two rather special ones, 1st is to celebrate the Queen's Jubilee (not a great royalist but...) & Cunard are gathering all three great Queens together in our home port of Southampton & we are on the QM2!....Then, a month later, P&O are gathering all 7 of their ships together to celebrate their 175th anniversary of cruising, for that we are on Azura. That'll be us done for the year but it should be an experience of a lifetime, the ships sailing out in convoy in much pomp & circumstance, the P&O fleet are meeting out at sea for a big celebration, fireworks & horn blowing, gala dinner & special entertainments.