Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cruisecompete.com?

Has anyone purchased a cruise through them? I am booked through Princess and a quote came up about $100 less from Cruise Compete. I would like to go with the lower quote from Cruise Compete, however, I am afraid there will be hidden fees and it will wind up costing more than what I currently am quoted with Princess. Is it better to stick with booking through Princess? The savings is $100, which is a lot, but is it worth it to chance it?
Sponsored Links
Old December 20th, 2011, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Cruisecompete is not the agency you book with - it is the TA who submitted the lowest quote.

I found a TA via the website 2 years ago and booked with them and had no issues with them.

Annie
Old December 20th, 2011, 10:25 AM
Admiral

read ALL the fine print on the price quotation, it will tell you what is and what isn't included in the price quotation and then make your decision
Old December 20th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Admiral

I looked at prices through Cruise Compete and didn't see a lot of variation. Honestly the cruise lines don't give TAs much wiggle room. They might throw in some perks. We ended up booking through another source we found on our own - saved $500/pp on a 12-Med cruise.

Also, be sure you won't incur a fee from Princess if you decide to cancel that cruise.

All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by; John Masefield
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Admiral

I have to agree with Lisa and Green Rd.

I have recently priced a cruise via Cruisecompete and I could source it elsewhere much cheaper - as always check the small print.

Annie
Old December 20th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Have to remember Cruise Compete is not a travel agency, rather they are an access medium for people to post their cruise, and various agencies (who are willing to pay Cruise Compete part of their commissions) submit bids to you for your cruise.

You still have to check on the legitimacy of the particular agency that might offer you the lowest quote.
Old December 21st, 2011, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Ditto to what Kuki says. I've used CruiseCompete in the past, with good results, but checked the agent, and agency very carefully, and found no problems. As a matter of fact, the same agency, and agent won my "bid" several times in a row, so I started going directly to her for future cruises. Worked for me!

"SKY"
Old December 21st, 2011, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Many times, when advertising a cruise price, there may be some fee's that are not mentioned and when you add them in, totally different price. Just make sure what all is included in their price, you may already have a better deal.

Message Boards Moderator