Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 30th, 2011, 06:54 PM
Familiar Face

Default Best time to book for Baja in June?

Hello friends!

Thanks for all the help you gave us with our first cruise. The Bahamas trip was fantastic! I apologize for this lengthy post.

I'm booking a somewhat difficult cruise... ten people in THREE rooms! Two grandparents, two parents, aunt and uncle (that would be me and my hubby) and four kids ages 7, 13, 15, 17. Currently we're looking at an oceanview for the grandparents and two quad inside rooms for the rest of us.

The trip was intended for just the adults but my four nieces/nephew have had very few special pleasures in their young lives and we really want them to have this once in their young lives experience.

We have been quoted a rate of about $4300 for a June 11th trip on the Carnival Inspiration. (We can go on June 11, 18 or 25th.) We are ready to confirm our reservations on Monday but here is my concern...

Should we wait to book? When is the best time to book? Maybe closer to the date we'll find a similar rate that would allow for a second ocean-view room to give us a bit more elbow room.

My previous cruises were last-minute deals. I would be willing to hold off on the room for my hub and me and take our chances, or not go, if it meant we could get something a bit better for my dear sisters family.

Any suggestions? Or should I be grateful for three rooms at $4300 and book it while it's available? I know that there are $200pp double occupancy rates for a trip in January, and I'm sure the prices will go down, but should we risk it?

Thank you for your time!
Ann
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Admiral

With a group that big I would book ASAP .That way you can get the cabins and location together. I would have the passengers in each cabin themselves .

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old January 2nd, 2012, 02:29 PM
Admiral

I agree with Doopey. When the group is that large and the booking is going to be complex, do it NOW. Waiting until the last minute works fine for a couple going alone, but not so well for your situation. Plus, you may not get what you want at the last minute and that would seriously stress me out. Good luck, use a good travel agent, and let us know what happens, please.
Marty