Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 6th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default I'm a bit diappointed

I think I have cruised out of Miami about 10 or 12 times and each time I've used Priceline to get a room. I have always got a room at the Radisson, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Intercontinental or Conrad for anything from $75 to $100.

Well, for my March cruise I had no luck. I kept bidding for three rooms up to $150 and nothing. I had to expand my options and nothing in South Beach or Miami Beach. In the end I settled for the Best Western Premier Airport Hotel. I did get it for $75 but I've never stayed near the airport before and it will be a bit different not staying downtown But what the heck: I get free wi-fi, that delicious hot breakfast with the make it yourself waffle, pool and a decent rate. I just hope the cockroaches are smaller than Chihuahuas and they've washed the bed spreads at least once this year. It's a 3.5 star property so it "should" be OK.

I did check all the downtown hotel websites and all the rooms were going for around $230/night. I wonder if there is some major event happening the weekend of March 2nd.

Oh well: At least I have a pre-cruise place to stay.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Mike, I checked, and, nothing major is going on, according to their calendar...just high season I guess. We stayed by the airport once in Lauderdale, at the Sheraton...Noise was never an issue, nor were doggy size cockroaches!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Did you check for a Heat game, especially a televised one? The higher end rooms would go fast...