CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Lauderdale web cam, take a peek (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/386939-lauderdale-web-cam-take-peek.html)

Trip January 8th, 2012 11:22 AM

Lauderdale web cam, take a peek

If I remember, I will check out the port Everglades Web Cam:Port Everglades Webcam - A Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ship Web Cam
to watch the ships sail out, Usually, between 4-6 pm. Since Friday, there have been 8 ships in,and 7 today. The web cam zooms in on all the wavers, and, you can hear the ship's horns blaring, as they pass the condo commanders:)

As a Seabourn ship got a closeup, it was interesting to see the older demographic on this ship...last night a hot dogger tiny speedboat, crossed right in front of a ship..I could have been watching an accident in the making...many ships sail later then I would think they leave...not sure why exactly, but, in a short time frame, you can get a mini cruise fix, except, you can not then go, to dinner in the main dining room:)

Donna January 8th, 2012 04:05 PM

Gosh,
It looks beautiful there, wish I was sailing away. When we left on Allure it was pouring rain out, so no real send-off...Darn! Today looks like a great one to leave on.

Trip January 8th, 2012 04:15 PM

If you put it on full screen, the Oasis and Allure, as they take the curve, look like they will end up in your lap....!!

anniegb January 8th, 2012 05:35 PM

St Andrews Cross on the Allure

Thanks Trip.

I must have switched on at the right time :)

Webcam zoomed into a cabin draped with the Scottish flag - you just can't take these Scots anywhere :)

Annie

The Allure looked way too big for me - how long does it take on average to find the MDR? the same length of time to fimd your hotel room in Vegas? :)

Trip January 8th, 2012 05:49 PM

Annie,was that the light blue flag with the X? Please forgive my not knowing...It's interesting to see the freighters come and go, inbetween as well.

ruthlessboss January 8th, 2012 05:53 PM

They sure were a lineup. I don't remember seeing so many as recently. Bless the airports.:shock:

Manuel January 8th, 2012 05:54 PM

Thanks Trip! That very neat.

TM

anniegb January 8th, 2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1408803)
Annie,was that the light blue flag with the X? Please forgive my not knowing...It's interesting to see the freighters come and go, inbetween as well.

Spot on Trip - there were 4 on the verandah?

Annie

Trip January 8th, 2012 07:19 PM

Annie..sure was...this is a nice way for someone to checkout their balcony cabins on the ship they have booked....On the big girls..Oasis & Allure, you get a great view of inside cabins overlooking the park, and the water shows.