Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Most Memorable Cruise Moment.

What is your most memorable cruise moment?

Mine is waking up at 6:30 a.m., opening the balcony curtains and seeing Moorea, in Polynesia, for the first time. This was beautiful.

What's yours?
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Mine was getting married onboard. We had my parents, my wife's parents, and my wife's brother all with us. The ceremony was perfect and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. Our favorite waiter even happened to be on this cruise and waited on us every night. The crew and ship was fantastic and everyone went above and beyond for us.

I doubt we'll all get together again to take a vacation like that again, but even if we do, it won't compare to that cruise.
Old April 19th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Wow, beautiful pic Mike. I think the thing I love so much about cruising is waking up to a new destination every morning....lets see, where are we today?

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Venice sailaway - we stood on the bow from the time they pulled us out of our berth until we passed the breakwater past Lido and started to picked up steam in the open Adriatic.

All I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by; John Masefield
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old April 19th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Admiral

The skyline of NYC
Old April 19th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Admiral

Default Memorable

Ah, so many moments.

Sailing past the Statue of Liberty on QM II

Cold winds in Usushaia Patagonia

Sailing past Stromboli

Passing through the Dardanelles to Istanbul

The Panama Canal

But the one single unmatchable memory is Glacier Bay!

Check out our reviews and pics of our 41 cruises at
http://www.bully4.us/cruising.html
Old April 19th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Admiral

Glacier Bay is quite beautiful ,I agree .
Old April 19th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

All of those mentioned above - definitely; sailing past Venice, down the Hudson (or into the bay at sunrise), or sailing into Moorea.

My first tender ride into St. Martin from the Norway is a big one - such a majestic ship and that beautiful lush island.

This would make a great article - I would LOVE to see more people answer this question.

This moment below is definitely one of my top ones, and I was lucky enough to get it on video (a shooter is a chuck of ice that comes from below the glacier) - you can't tell that we are really pretty far away and how huge it was but think of the height of a glacier:

Old April 19th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Sailing up the San Blas Islands on Sea Princess and seeing the children diving into the water for money, and trying to climb aboard our tender, and then getting on the island and seeing the way they live - like some sort of aboriginal outback tribe. Amazing.

Seeing the Tubes playing one of the best rock 'n roll sets I have ever seen on stage aboard the Majesty of the Seas. Finally seeing Blue Man Group on a cruise ship on Norwegian Epic.

My first sight of Carnival Destiny (the first post 100,000-ton ship I had ever seen) and the sheer size of it.
Old April 19th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Wow, that is some video!

I've only been on two cruises, so I've not been to that many places...but I think for me, not matter how many cruises I ever go on I will always remember walking down the gangway on that first cruise. I had waited ten months. I had just about counted the seconds until I got on the ship. My other half had worried that I would not enjoy the cruise because I had made too much out of it. Wrong. It was only the start of my addiction. For me, getting on the ship that first time, walking down the gangway and then walking into the lobby in the Carnival Conquest is seared into my brain forever and is my favorite memory.
Old April 19th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

That video is just unbelieveable, great shot. You were there at the right time...I just love Alaska and that is one main reason...

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 19th, 2012, 08:54 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Boy do I feel like a newbie with all these neat stories. Everything about my cruise was great, but my most memorable moment was meeting the captain and touring the bridge. Not simply for the view....

Talking with the captain, he made a comment about the pressures on him, about the 5,000 plus people on the ship whose safety was his responsibility. Watching him talk about it you could see how seriously he took it, and just how much that responsibility affected him.

I know....a week of fun in paradise....a pretty odd thing to pick as the most memorable....but it was one of those things that really stuck with me!

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old April 20th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Kelly - I think one of the big attractions of a cruise that people forget to comment on is the whole experience of seeing life at sea - and coming to realize that there are people who spend most of their lives drifting around the world on ships.

One of the most memorable cruise experiences is just watching the sun go down out at sea with no land in sight. Or looking out over the horizon and seeing distant storms while you are in sunny weather - things like that.
Old April 20th, 2012, 08:07 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to KellyKayden

Ok, I don't feel as odd now. My second one I was trying to Choose from was when I went snorkeling. Our guide took us to the spot and there were sailboats everywhere. He explained that some of those boats had been there quite some time because the people live in Them. I must have a sheltered life because that just struck me as awesome. I ended up staying on the boat just watching the sailboats, it was such a calm feelling that I just couldn't explain. I could have stayed right there for days, it was so peaceful

"A painter paints pictures on a canvas, but musicians paint their pictures on silence"

Leopold Stokowski
Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:38 PM
Familiar Face

Talking

Well I must say I too have many moments. Cruising with my family, seeing the different places when you wake up is always a treat. Speaking to the people from where you are visiting. The staff who was so friendly, I still remember their names. But my first cruise is most memorable.
It is after all the reason I still cruise!!
Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:06 AM
Admiral

My favourite moment, probably never to be replicated, was being the first to arrive at Magen's Bay, with my hubby, on our honeymoon, and sitting in the shallow water with his arms wrapped around me. The water was still and the sun was shining down on us. It was total paradise. I think we had the beach to ourselves for a good 30 minutes or so before anyone else arrived.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991