CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   Who has been on the RCI Allure or Oasis...your thoughts? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/389002-who-has-been-rci-allure-oasis-your-thoughts.html)

TLCMTravels April 23rd, 2012 01:11 PM

Who has been on the RCI Allure or Oasis...your thoughts?

I have had so many different thoughts on the new larger ships. I think everyone has had things they did and did not like.
If you have sailed on of these ships lately, what do you say pros & cons are. :)

Manuel April 23rd, 2012 01:44 PM

I have sailed on both of them.

I did not see any negatives. I had a wonderful cruise both of those times. There is a lot to do, there was great entertaiment, the service was quite good.
The boarding process was very smooth and you don't feel crowded on those ships because there are many places for a person to go and have fun. I did the Zip Line and saw all the shows, made new friends and would recommend those ships to any fun-loving person.

TM

TLCMTravels April 26th, 2012 03:37 PM

Anyone else been on these ships and have any thoughts?

Glad you to hear you have good thoughts of these ships. Nice to know they seem organized.
You surely need that with 6,000 ppl on board!!

Anyone else been on these ships and have any thoughts?

Donna April 26th, 2012 06:44 PM

Was on Allure last fall, and I too agree with Manuel...Even with the large number of passengers, they are spread out all over the ship. I have never boarded a ship faster, under 5 minutes and no lines, and it was around 11:00, so enjoyed a nice buffet lunch and roamed around the ship until our cabin was ready around 1:00. I would, however, pre-book all the shows, I had done a few, but not everything and had to stand in the stand-by line, but was able to get seats right before the show. The entertainment is totally amazing, plus on Allure you get all the Dreamworks characters with parades. So, if you are traveling with kids, they will get a kick out of it. There is also the Water show, not to be missed along with an equally amazing ice show.

I highly recommend this ship, just for the expierence of it, the week flew by... Any specific questions, feel free to re-post...

TLCMTravels April 26th, 2012 08:48 PM

Donna Thanks,

Thanks that is what I was looking for. People who have booked have said they had some small issues. Nothing that would keep them from going again.
I want to see what others have to say. With a boat of that size you have to work with it. As you said... by booking shows in advance so that you get a seat.
I am hearing that they do a great job getting people on and off the boat.
Good to know.

Anyone else run into something that you said, will remember that next time:!:

bonnyprincecharlie April 27th, 2012 10:48 AM

Allure is better than Oasis in my humble opinion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLCMTravels (Post 1426242)
I have had so many different thoughts on the new larger ships. I think everyone has had things they did and did not like.
If you have sailed on of these ships lately, what do you say pros & cons are. :)

Why is Allure better than Oasis? They are sister ships but they offer different venues that make the Allure superior.
Allure has the show "Chicago" performed with vigor, energy and high drama. Oasis has "Hairsrpray" it lacks all of the aforementioned qualities of "Chicago."
Allure has a spectacular, breathtaking multimedia stage show that has not gotten the attention and praise it deserves. Oasis, by comparison, has a low-cost, stage production. A nice effort, but not even close to the breathtaking Allure production which takes advantage of the wall to wall stage and pobably would win the Guiness World Record for stages on ships at sea.
Allure has hotdogs. Not just hotdogs but a variety of exotic hotdogs. It is a hot dog feast. Oasis has doughnuts, but they are no match for the Allure hotdogs.
Just wanted to let anyone know who might be considering a cruise on these resort ships what they might keep in mind when making reservations.
Better attitude about serving Chocolate breakfast on Allure than Oasis.

TLCMTravels April 27th, 2012 04:57 PM

bonnyprincecharlie,
Thank you for your input!! The hot dogs are that good huh.
Will be sure to give them a try next time. :)

AF1 April 27th, 2012 08:50 PM

I have sailed on Allure. I like options to have things to do onboard to keep me busy. Some people cruise and just want to relax. That's ok, but I like choices. Oasis/Allure give u plenty of options. Options for dining, sports, shows, and relaxing. My cruise was fully loaded. Never felt crowded at all. Not everyone goes to the shows, now everyone gets off the ship at the same time. So it's a great way to cruise.

Manuel April 27th, 2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLCMTravels (Post 1426712)
bonnyprincecharlie,
. :)

The place where they serve them is called the doghouse. They have German sausages as well and all kids of condiments. It really is quite good.

TM

TLCMTravels April 29th, 2012 08:26 AM

Thanks Manuel, I will be sure to partake next time for sure!!

Manuel April 29th, 2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLCMTravels (Post 1426832)
Thanks Manuel, I will be sure to partake next time for sure!!

I went there almost everyday. :D

TM

MTL April 29th, 2012 10:00 AM

Hi,
We've been on the Allure,we never saw a nicer ship from all our 35 cruises.We love the Solarium up in front,quiet place,outstanding view where you can spend the day and get all you want.The only time you see lots of people is going to the dining room also on debarkation day,but this is for a short period of time.Go on this beauty. MTL

Donna April 29th, 2012 09:01 PM

I must have walked past the Doghouse a dozen times and always meant to give it a try, but never did, next time.

JQH April 30th, 2012 01:24 PM

We did Oasis in the fall of 2010 and LOVED it. I will echo what everyone else said about it never feeling crowded (albeit during parades in the promenade) and there being so much to do!

We originally were booked for the Allure this coming fall, but since our son will only be 13 months old, we decided to go with Carnival since they offer a much better rate for him. So for me, the only con is one with RC, for not giving a 3rd passenger a nice reduced rate. I am not going to pay $1000 for my one year old who isn't even allowed to access everything the cruise has to offer.

Oh, I will also say, the con on our cruise was the stop in Costa Maya. They really need to build this port up. We would have rather stayed on the ship.

TLCMTravels April 30th, 2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manuel (Post 1426836)
I went there almost everyday. :D

TM

WOW!! now that is dedication for sure.

AF1 May 10th, 2012 08:08 AM

Never ate at the doghouse; but did eat all the donuts that were across from doghouse.

Donna May 10th, 2012 05:32 PM

Now, how did I miss the donuts???

AF1 May 10th, 2012 09:34 PM

Donna, every morning between 7-10, the staff put out donuts and coffee on some portable tables. When they got ready to open the dog house, they broke down the donuts and coffee bar. These are the same donuts that they serve in the Windjammer, I guess if u only wanted donuts and coffee; why go to the Windjammer and fight the crowd.

Donna May 11th, 2012 06:52 PM

Ok, no wonder I missed the, always went to the Windjammer and it was never over crowded, which made it nice.

bonnyprincecharlie May 12th, 2012 05:31 AM

Abba night on Epic liked

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLCMTravels (Post 1426242)

Abba's lyrics and sound are unique. The group's performance is always scintilating and it is fun to watch them perform even if it is only on the screen. They are great and there music is going to go down as classic. I enjoyed Abba night on the Epic as I have enjoyed it during other activities water aerobics class and sailboat excursions returing to port. Abba night is just a fun time in which everyone can take part from little tykes to older people. The activity takes place under the giant screen where images of the group are projected and the Epic staff leads the group. It's a successful activity that I hope NCL continues.

Manuel October 9th, 2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLCMTravels (Post 1426712)
bonnyprincecharlie,
Will be sure to give them a try next time. :)

The hot dogs and German sausages are to die for. :D

TM

storybookcruises.com October 10th, 2012 03:02 AM

We did the Allure and while we found the cruise to be very nice overall, we were disappointed in the food in the main dining room. I guess it's just hard to serve 6500 people in a few hours and still maintain a high level of quality. While the food was not bad, I feel they have declined in quality over the last 15 years. With that said, their specialty restaurants are still very good and we really liked them alot. Shows were very good and there were lots of things to do. Good thing was that we never really felt crowded for being such a large ship with so many people.

For younger people, this is an awesome class of ship with alot of amenities. And while we really enjoyed it, being an older couple (62), personally we much prefer the Solstice-class ships of the Celebrity fleet. Much better food and more sedate, which is more appealing to our lifestyle. But our kids absolutely love RCCL, so if you fall within a little younger crowd than us, I think you'll find this a wonderful cruise.

Pete

seadog2 October 10th, 2012 09:01 PM

DW and I did both the Oasis and the Allure. Both are very nice and we will do them again. Give it a try you just might like the larger ships. Plenty to do and oh yes, the hot dogs are great.