CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   All Things Cruising (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/)
-   -   name a ship! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/all-things-cruising/389278-name-ship.html)

KellyKayden May 9th, 2012 09:12 AM

name a ship!

I've been looking at lots of ships thinking "that's a weird name". However, I can't really say I can come up with anything better :)

I was thinking to use something from a song so when you heard that song it would remind you of your vacation but my brain went from "thunderstruck" to "brick house" and gave up...lol

What name would you come up with for a ship?

Mike M May 9th, 2012 11:25 AM

This is a harder question than it seems. I, like most of the people at the cruise lines, am having a hard time coming up with something original unless I name it after my wife. I'm not sure the "Betty B" would go over for a cruise ship. It works my boat but not a cruise ship.

We could go the way of the Kentucky Derby winner and name the ship: "I'll Have Another." It works for cruising. ;)

Take care,
Mike

Trip May 9th, 2012 11:45 AM

I think the "of the Sea, has been done,and was good in the day...I hate the idea, lines poach each others names. Confusing, and, to me it shows the line's lack of imagination, and enthuiasm.

Offering up a contest, gets our hopes up,that our name will win...but that's a joke....

Going back in time, to bring back a lyrical name would be a good idea.

Look at Carnival, changing the Destiny, to Sunshine.....sounds like they are having a Sesame Street moment...:(

Lakers Fan May 9th, 2012 12:22 PM

Citation is my choice of a name .

Kuki May 9th, 2012 01:40 PM

This was the topic on my Blog several weeks ago....
Cruisemates Blog Imagination For Hire; Ship For Brains – Kuki

KellyKayden May 9th, 2012 03:23 PM

LOL sorry I had missed that! If I ever have the opportunity to build a ship, I will certainly hire you to name it!

I also learned im the only one in the world wo doesn't mind the name 'breakaway'...but remember, I am still new to all of this!

The staff of the epic cracked me up..anytime I said something was 'neat' or interesting' they would respond with 'no it isn't, its Epic!'....gotta love a running gag. Thinking of that, those poor people are going to have a difficult time with 'breakaway'

Kuki May 9th, 2012 08:59 PM

Rather than Breakaway, if they wanted to stay in that vein, I'd have called in Runaway. People could then say, "I'm leavin on a cruise. It's gonna be a Runaway".

Truck Cruiser May 14th, 2012 12:59 AM

Here's a few ideas

Carnival Electra
Norwegien Atlantis
Royal Caribbean Crown Jewel
Oceana Neptune
Holland America Harpoon
Princess Diary
Disney's Captain Jack

Trip May 14th, 2012 10:52 AM

I wonder how soon, maybe after a drink or two...The Carnival Electra, would become Carmen Elcectra!:rolleyes:

Truck Cruiser May 15th, 2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1428449)
I wonder how soon, maybe after a drink or two...The Carnival Electra, would become Carmen Elcectra!:rolleyes:

Carmen could be the ships what do they call it? Godmother? :)