Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Admiral

Default Personal Cruise Advisor?

There is a discussion elsewhere about someone who was ''cold called'' by a person saying the worked for a cruise line & offering a cut price cruise, he gave a first name. The person called the cruiseline & asked if they had someone called by that name, they confirmed that they did have, so the person now thinks the call was genuine...I SAY if I wanted to con someone out of money I could find out the name of a customer advisor & say I was him....My question is has anyone heard of being called by a cruise company from a ''personal cruise advisor''...I haven't.
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Admiral

Never...Now I have had unsolicited calls from 'personal' cruise advisers after I've called specific cruise lines for general information. But it's always been from the same person I've talked to once or twice before and I recognized their name's. They sometimes will call to give me the latest and greatest cruise prices, and to see if they can peak my interest. But never, ever a 'cold' call. It's clever and definitely a red flag!
Old May 16th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

This type of thing has been common for some time now.

In 2010 I received such a call, and wrote this blog
Cruisemates Blog Deceit In A Phone Call From

because the PVP calling straight out lied to me.

I got a response from Carnival within days of it appearing, saying that wasn't their policy.

However, I have little doubt the same thing goes on to this day.
Old May 16th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the comments, interesting as I was called cynical because I suggested it may not be genuine.
Old May 17th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Admiral

Is this the P&O 'help' whereby if you mark a cruise as 'of interest' on their website, they start calling you to see how they can help, or let you know of the recent discounted price or special offers on them.

That's an annoying idea, and one which smacks of desperation on behalf of P&O, and only serves to pushes our impression of P&O even further down. Hopefully none of the other lines will follow this intrusive idea.

Alan.

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old May 17th, 2012, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandajones View Post
Is this the P&O 'help' whereby if you mark a cruise as 'of interest' on their website, they start calling you to see how they can help, or let you know of the recent discounted price or special offers on them.

That's an annoying idea, and one which smacks of desperation on behalf of P&O, and only serves to pushes our impression of P&O even further down. Hopefully none of the other lines will follow this intrusive idea.

Alan.
Yes Alan it is P&O, maybe I have never been called as I check the no contact by 'phone box?