Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2012, 12:37 AM
Captain

Default Fees associated with adding someone to cabin after booking?

Wondering what lines(if any) charge fees to add someone to a stateroom after booking. Specifically booking as a single and later adding a second person.

Also how is the second persons rate determined? If I pay 150% supplement and add someone do they pay what would have been the remaining 50% or are we rebooked at current prices?

TY!

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2012, 06:43 AM
Admiral

On NCL, my add on paid the difference between my reduced supplement and original rate PP plus taxes. No cancelling and rebooking at current rate.

On Carnival, I was already at full supplement price, so no change in rate. I don't recall if there was a name add on fee.
Old August 4th, 2012, 02:16 AM
First Mate

Carnival just charged me an additional $50 to add someone. They said it was taxes and port? I did not expect this as I had booked solo and had already paid the solo price. However, it is still a very good deal for the cabin location. 5 nights, total price including port and taxes under $800 (Caribbean) for two on deck 10/inside.

CarnivalTriumph