Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2012, 03:51 PM
Captain

Default Manhattan Terminal Question

We are going to be cruising on NCL heading out of NY in October. We are looking for a hotel that would have a shuttle to the terminal, or advice on how to get there.

We have found a Marriott about a mile away for a good price but they have no shuttle to the terminal.

Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Admiral

Default NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdude View Post
We are going to be cruising on NCL heading out of NY in October. We are looking for a hotel that would have a shuttle to the terminal, or advice on how to get there.

We have found a Marriott about a mile away for a good price but they have no shuttle to the terminal.

Suggestions?
I've lived all my life in NY ,however ,I am not aware of a hotel that shuttles to the terminal .

There is ,however ,a hotel approximately 4 blocks from the terminal .I can give you the name and phone # if you desire and you can research it on line .I don't know anyone who ever stayed there but its a very safe area .
Old August 22nd, 2012, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I've stayed at both the Marriott Time Square and the Crowne Plaza Time Square.

Great location to spend time the evening before, and about a 10-15 minute taxi ride to the pier.
Old August 22nd, 2012, 10:32 PM
Admiral

The hotel I was referring to is the Holiday Inn on W. 57 St.between 9th and 10th.Avenues . The Manhattan cruiseport is on 12th.Ave and W.55 St .Its a 4 1/2 block walk or a relatively cheap taxi ride .It is also quite conceivable that someone from the hotel might drive a guest to the pier .
Old August 23rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan View Post
The hotel I was referring to is the Holiday Inn on W. 57 St.between 9th and 10th.Avenues . The Manhattan cruiseport is on 12th.Ave and W.55 St .Its a 4 1/2 block walk or a relatively cheap taxi ride .It is also quite conceivable that someone from the hotel might drive a guest to the pier .
That's a good location.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev..._New_York.html

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
Admiral

Default Correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post

Its an excellent location .Its very lively at all hours of the night .
Old August 24th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Captain

Thank you all for the advice. I think we are going with the Marriott. My daughter works at a Marriott and we get a discount. After looking at the prices of the motels I am having trouble paying more for two nights in a NY motel than the cruise costs.

We are in an interesting situation. I am the director for a camp and conference center in CO. We had 15 structures burn in the High Park Fire. As bad as that sounds, most of them were unnecessary for the operation of the facility. However, we are closed this year as we cleanup and recover.

Although that all sounds terrible it is not! It has turned out that after the insurance pays for the structures we lost we will be able to build a new and different building to replace the lodging and meeting space we lost. We have been wanting to build this for a long time, but never had the bucks - we will now.

In addition, my wife and I lost some of our stuff we had stored in one of the buildings that burnt. It turned out to be about $9,000 worth of loss. We will never miss the stuff we lost, that is why it was in storage. So....

I can actually take a significant block of time off at a time I never could if we were open AND we have the bucks to do a B2B cruise. It is amazing how things can turn out for the good. We are fortunate.
Old August 24th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I think you've made a good choice. The Marriott Time Square is right in the heart of the action. Great restaurants nearby, lots to see. Try and catch a Broadway Play; they're all within a couple of blocks of the hotel.

You can catch the Hop On Hop Off bus right outside the door if you want to tour some New York neighborhoods.
Old August 24th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Admiral

The Marriott chain is a high priced venue but having a discount helps .