Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Question Ship Inspections

Was just doing a search to see if we would be sharing our next cruise with any groups, none that I can find. However, it seems the ship will be available for "limited ship inspection" to attendees of the Cruise World and Home Based Agent 2012 show. Should I expect to have to avoid meandering herds of TAs or do they get shuttled on and off while the crew is readying the ship for the next batch of passengers?

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_rd View Post
Was just doing a search to see if we would be sharing our next cruise with any groups, none that I can find. However, it seems the ship will be available for "limited ship inspection" to attendees of the Cruise World and Home Based Agent 2012 show. Should I expect to have to avoid meandering herds of TAs or do they get shuttled on and off while the crew is readying the ship for the next batch of passengers?
TA ship inspections are usually about 2 - 3 hours long. They usually involve a guided tour of public areas and cabins, followed by a lunch and some free time to roam. They keep the number of TAs down so they don't overwhelm the ship. You may see 1 or 2 groups of TAs of about 15 or so, but it shouldn't be a problem. Thay are usually off by 2 or 2:30 pm latest.

Majesty of the Seas - 10/03 & 02/07 & 11/08
Enchantment of the Seas - 10/04 & 10/11
Mariner of the Seas - 10/05
Vision of the Seas - 10/06 & 09/07
Carnival Liberty - 10/07
Adventure of the Seas - 9/08
Ruby Princess - 12/09
Voyager of the Seas - 9/10
Carnival Spirit - 11/10
Oasis of the Seas - 9/13
Old September 4th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Admiral

You may not find all the groups on your sailing, but trust me there will definitely be groups - I can almost guarantee that with 100% certainty. There may only be small groups like a family reunion or there could be large groups that you can't find on the internet, but there will be groups - just a matter of how many and how big.

As for the ship inspections and as blueliner pointed out, they limit the number of agents so they are not overly intrusive on the guests. Having been on dozens of these, I can tell you they normally bring the agents onboard before general boarding begins so they can tour all the various categories of cabins & suites while they are vacant. Then they'll have lunch, which can sometimes be in the buffet area, but most of the time consists of a private meal in the dining room - again, so as not to intrude on the guests. Following lunch, they usually provide some additional time for the TA's to roam the ship so they can see the public areas, but now they are no longer in larger groups and are usually just 2 to 4 people walking around.

Since most ships now do not allow guests to enter their cabins until around 1:30, ship visitations rarely impact upon the guests.

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!