Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > All Things Cruising
Register Forgot Password?

All Things Cruising Any cruise question not specific to one cruise line

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Cruising..spanning the years.

When was your first cruise,and when was your last? For those of us with many years between these two dates, we have seen many changes, but, what is ONE, change that for you, that has changed the way you enjoy your cruises? Maybe though, even with all the changes, nothing has changed in the way you enjoy your cruising experience.

For me: 1990 on the Carnival Celebration, and my last was 2012, on the NCL Epic. The greatest impact for me, in my 22 year span, was the introduction of the optional dining venues. I love having choices, and, on the Epic, these options shine. While I still enjoy traditional dining, these tasty places call our name. The cost is not our of sight,and it does add anbother level of cruising enjopyment for us.

How about you?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Default Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
When was your first cruise,and when was your last? For those of us with many years between these two dates, we have seen many changes, but, what is ONE, change that for you, that has changed the way you enjoy your cruises? Maybe though, even with all the changes, nothing has changed in the way you enjoy your cruising experience.

For me: 1990 on the Carnival Celebration, and my last was 2012, on the NCL Epic. The greatest impact for me, in my 22 year span, was the introduction of the optional dining venues. I love having choices, and, on the Epic, these options shine. While I still enjoy traditional dining, these tasty places call our name. The cost is not our of sight,and it does add anbother level of cruising enjopyment for us.

How about you?
My first cruise was in 1973 on the Cunard Ambassador .My most recent was in July 2012 on the HAL Veendam.
Old December 17th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

LF....and?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old December 18th, 2012, 11:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

1st - July, 1974 on the Homelines Oceanic cruise to Bahamas.
Last - Oct, 2012 on RCI Liberty OTS transatlantic cruise.

For us the best improvements are the size of the bathrooms. DW used to tell how she had to shave her legs w/legs hanging out the bathroom. Comedians used to joke (but was true); to take a shower just lather up the shower walls and spin yourself.

Another great improvement is balcony cabins.

Bottom line improvements to the cabins.

O F C'er